CHAPTER 1 : THE CHALLENGE

A/N

The above image was made by a reader!!! It looks so good!!!

I have few readers, but they seem to like the book a lot ;) 

 Thanks  for making such a great fanart (is that the correct word?)

 Anyways,

 -- Chapter 1: The Challenge --

The slow, cold, winds started to move the clouds as they blew through the silent city, making the stray animals shiver and dust fly. In such a silent, and lonely street, just few hours before the dawn, could be seen a a tall man, with red eyes whose upper part of long black hairs were tied in a man-bun, leaving the bottom half of his hair to fall down till neck. He moved through the city as the cold winds waved his open-jacket.

[POV: NEHAL]

I was sleeping on my bed. I used to live just above my office.

*Beep Beep* My phone rang, disturbing me from sleeping.

I rolled the spare bedsheet, which I was using as a blanket, over me. We were in that period of time where summer has ended but winter was not at it's peak. It just started, and I couldn't handle blanket, so I just used a spare bedsheet.

I checked the time. It was 6 AM. 6, freaking, AM? Who was calling me at such time? Not wanting to, I checked my mobile, it was a call from my manager, Nishant. It better be something important, if he called for something like not able to find onion or something, I would freaking kill him.

"Hello." came his sleepy voice. So, like me he was also in a sleepy mode. He yawned, and continued, "Mam, there's a guy who wants to meet you."

"Meet me? At this time? Ask him to come back after nine." I replied.

"I already told him but he's saying the one wasting time would be you, not he."

That was fishy. Was he not here to seek help? This all seemed interesting, I almost jumped from my bed but then realised—Nah, I should better sleep.

I was being disciplined, I have a specific time to have fun. So, I shouldn't do it before it. So, I replied, "Whatever, I won't come before nine o' clock."

"Okay ma—" Before he could complete, I hung up and proceeded to sleep.

***

It was around 8:30, when I finally woke up. And by the time, I reached my small office, it was ten past nine. To have sunny days in midst of winters, is such a relied, that I had great hopes for work today. In fact, I thought it was the perfect day for a 5'3'' tall, oval faced girl, with green emerald eyes and black neck length hairs, like me.

I entered through the stairs as my office was just below the tiny room, I lived. So unlike, the front door which opens directly in Nishant's office, the stairs directly led me in front of the living room, which had stuff like T.V. and sofa, which nearly everyone have. Attached with the living room, was a small kitchen, a small room which was supposed to be Nishant's working room and was just opposite to staircase. There was also a corridor which lead to my room (on left) and ends at appointment room, where we both might take a look at it.

On the sofa, watching a movie while lying, was Nishant who started to sit as soon as he saw me.

"Where's that guy?" I asked.

"Sorry?" He questioned back, looking confused.

"You remember calling me at 6 AM, don't you?" I replied.