Harry stood up and was bid good luck by his friends and family as he set off.

Five minutes passed and everyone began to make their way over to the Quidditch field. Y/n walked with her arm linked with Fred's, the two trying to decide where to sit.

A twenty foot high hedge ran all the way around the edge of the field, a gap right in the middle.

Fred and Y/n sat near the top with George, Lee, Alicia and Angelina.

A few minutes passed and the four champions set off into the maze. Bagman spoke to the crowd with his magically amplified voice.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament is about to begin! Let me remind you how the points currently stand! Tied in first place, with eighty-five points each - Mr. Cedric Diggory and Mr. Harry Potter, both of Hogwarts School!" The cheers and applause sent birds from the Forbidden Forest fluttering into the darkening sky. "In second place, with eighty points - Mr. Viktor Krum, of Durmstrang Institute!" More applause. "And in third place - Miss Fleur Delacour, of Beauxbatons Academy!"

Harry waved up at his friends and family, a confident smile on his face. Y/n grinned, waving and throwing two thumbs up at him.

"So, on my whistle, Harry and Cedric." Bagman roared, raising his whistle to his lips. "Three, two, one." He gave a short blow of his whistle and the two Hogwarts champions were off.

They disappeared into the maze.

"So... now we wait..." Y/n sighed. "You'd think they'd make this more exciting for the audience by letting us see what is going on."

Krum was let in next. After a while, Fleur went in. So now the audience had to sit and wait until someone came out.

So now they wait.

── ──

Red sparks had been sent up. Wonder who.

Y/n laid her head on Fred's shoulder. She traced lines along the palm of his hand, the tickling sensation sending chills up his arm.

Time passed.
Fleur and Krum were already out of the maze.
Krum was the one to send the red sparks.

But there was still no sign of Cedric or Harry.

"What do you reckon is taking them so long?" Fred slightly shifted his head to look at his girlfriend. "My guess is... they're busy fighting." She snorted, not taking herself seriously. Fred laughed as well. "Who would win?"

"Definitely Harry." She nodded firmly and proudly. "So, plans for the summer, go." He motioned for her to talk.

She hummed in thought. "We should go on a date. Or many dates. I want to take you to the muggle world." She grinned up at him.

"I've been there." He chuckled. "Yes but i mean actually seeing the muggle world and exploring." She shrugged. "I think it's a nice idea." He kissed her cheek.

As more time passed, everyone seemed to be concerned. Including the Professors. More and more time passed.

Y/n rose to her feet. Harry had landed on the ground. He was finally back. The crowd cheered and applauded his return. Where's Cedric? Fleur then screamed and everyone began to scream and panic. Dumbledore rose to his feet and made his way to Harry's side.

Harry clung onto Cedric's body, he was in shock. His head was buried into Cedric's unmoving chest. Y/n began to rush down to Harry as the scene before her began to unfold.

Cedric was dead.

She rushed over to Harry's side, grabbing ahold of his shoulders. He wouldn't budge or let go as he continued to cry. Dumbledore tried to pry Harry off of Cedric. "No! No!" Harry shouted and wouldn't let go.