13.0 I DON'T DRINK WITH STRANGERS

THIS CHAPTER IS BASED ON 5X13 RISKY BUSINESS

TRIGGER WARNINGS: SUICIDE, MASS SUICIDE, TALKS OF SELF HARM (CHOKING), MISGENDERING AND HARASSMENT

*Dorosh's POV*

*SEPTEMBER 22, 7:27 am*

Beep Beep Beep

I groan and roll onto my back, sitting up.

Beep Beep Beep

"Fucking hell!" I grab my phone and turn off my alarm and launch my phone over onto the couch with a scowl. I throw the covers off myself and walk to the kitchenette, grabbing myself a glass of water and downing it, muttering curses under my breath. I hear the bedsheets rustle and whip my head around. I see Hotch sitting up in the bed, smiling at me.

"Morning Zero. How did you sleep after last night's events?" He asks, running this fingers through his hair and getting out of the bed. I stare at him, eyes wide, dumbfounded.

"We didn't, um," I gulp, "Do anything, right?" He chuckles and shakes his head.

"No, Zero. I wouldn't dare take advantage of you, especially in that state."

"Oh thank fuck. When I saw you sit up in the bed I thought I fucked my boss and had no memory of it" I say, letting out the breath I didn't know I was holding and putting a hand on my chest to try to calm my racing heart. Hotch laughs.

"Are you feeling better after last night?" He asks and I nod, walking back over to the bed and sitting down on it. "That's good. May I ask what the phone call was about? You don't have to tell me, I just want to make sure you're okay."

I take a deep breath and turn around on the bed to face him, "Someone from my past has returned to the States and," I pause, beginning to shake a little, "And Illya's family wants me to marry him. I've already run from this arranged marriage once before, but I'm scared I won't be able to outrun it this time." I take another deep breath and he hugs me, rubbing circles on my back. "They'll take me back to Ukraine."

"We won't let anyone take you, alright. You're safe here with us," He reassures me softly and I wrap my arms around him, tightly gripping the back of his shirt. "When you said that you've already run from this once, was that when you first came to the states?" He asks and I can't bring myself to answer so I just nod into his chest. "Okay. Is it alright if I know his name? I can get Garcia to flag his ID and face so that he can't get into the BAU to see you."

I nod again and mutter, "Thank you, so much."

He tightens his grip a little before speaking. "Of course, Zero. You're part of our family now, we'll do anything to protect you." I tighten my grip on his shirt and squeeze him a little before letting go.

"We should get ready so we're not late," I say quietly, shuffling to the edge of the bed and standing up and turning to him, "Thank you again."

"For what?"

"For comforting me. Rubbing your thumb over the back of my hand when I dissociate is really calming and yes, I can feel it. Also, for rubbing circles on my back. It's nice to not be pushed away because of it and instead comforted for it. So thank you, Hotch, it means a lot to me." With that, I walk away to the bathroom, not waiting for his reply.

---

*Hotch's POV*

Once I hear the shower turn on in the bathroom, I pick up my phone and call Prentiss. After a few rings, she picks up.

"Morning Hotch, what's up?"

"Hey, sorry to bother you so early, but on your way to the station could you find a convenience store or supermarket that has the energy drinks Dorosh likes? They had a rough night and though they may not say it, I can tell they're not feeling great."