1.0 NEW BLOOD

*Hotch's POV*

I exit the elevator, briefcase, and jacket in hand, and make my way down the hallway to Strauss's office. As I near the end of the hallway I check my watch, 7:30 am.

Well, this is just lovely, 7:30 am and already off to see Strauss. This can't be good.

Before knocking on the door, I hear the voices of two people inside. One I recognize is Strauss, the other is unfamiliar to me. I am able to pick out a few words from their conversation before knocking and receiving permission to enter. My eyes immediately go to Strauss. "Strauss." I greet her, bowing my head slightly.

"Agent Hotchner, apologies for calling you in so early but I wanted to inform you of something before your team arrives," Strauss states, clearing her throat and looking over to the person standing by the window, book in hand and music playing loudly from their earphones. They are small in stature and dressed quite fashionably although almost every aspect of their outfit is black. They are clad in a deep red satin blouse, black skinny jeans that are ripped a bit at the knee, black combat boots, an open black buttondown shirt with what looks to be small white sunflowers on it, and a black leather jacket. They look up from their book, then from me to Strauss then back at me, taking their earphones out and pausing their music with one hand, their other one still having a tight grip on the book.

"Hello," I greet them, finally tearing my eyes away. Something about them is just so mesmerizing.

"He's more of a stiff than I imagined." They point out, giving me a small smirk while leaning towards Strauss as if to whisper their comment. My lips twitch upward at the comment, though I am a bit surprised by their accent.

"Are you going to introduce yourself or shall I?" Strauss asks them with an unimpressed look, their face drops slightly and they mutter something that I can't quite make out and Strauss raises an eyebrow, pointing at them, "What did I say about the language?"

"SSA Zero Dorosh. It's a pleasure to meet you, Sir." They say after a few moments, walking over to me and extending their hand for me to shake. I look down at it and notice that their knuckles are red and bruised. I brush it off and give them a small smile.

"SSA Aaron Hotchner. The pleasure is all mine." They return the smile and let go of my hand.

"They will be joining your unit as of today. Here is Dorosh's file, I would like for you to read over it. Agent Dorosh has already been briefed on what their role is. Play nicely you two, dismissed." Strauss sits back down at her desk and begins to work.

I turn to open the door and hold it open for Dorosh when Strauss speaks again, "Oh, and Zero," Strauss looked back up and Agent Dorosh turned around to look at her.

"Yes ma'am?"

"Don't annoy him and his team too much and please keep the swearing to a minimum."

"Sure thing," Dorosh replied sarcastically before putting their earphones back in, turning the volume way up and opening the book in their hands again. They look up at me and nod as they walk through the door.

"One moment Aaron. We need to discuss something." I turn and nod before closing the door. Agent Dorosh takes a seat outside the office and continues to read.

---

As we're walking down the hallway, I get curious and look down at them, walking slightly behind them. I can see the tip of a tattoo poking out from beneath the collars of their shirts and jacket. Feathers? Their fluffy hair ends just below their jaw and is a deep purple colour.

 Feathers? Their fluffy hair ends just below their jaw and is a deep purple colour