Chapter 5

*ONE YEAR LATER*

Woah Mona Lisa,
You're guaranteed to run this town.
Woah Mona Lisa,
I'd pay to see you frown...

I sang along to the music blaring in my headphones.

Right now I was busy trying to clean up the counter for closing. Right before I graduated I found a small job at a cafe/bookstore called "Drink n' Read". I was a bit skeptical at first but I told myself that I needed to start getting more money for college.

Today after work I have a meeting with one of the photography schools that I applied for.

I wiped down all of the counters and threw my apron back on the hook.

I turned to look at the clock and saw that it was 3:45.

"Shit! I'm supposed to be there at 4 and I haven't even changed..."

I threw down the rag in my hand, grabbed my bag, and ran to the bathroom.

I tried to quickly change in what was basically a closet, with the exception of a toilet and sink.

I decided to wear some black jeans, a white buttons up shirt with a brown jacket, and my boots.

For my hair, I just took a random pencil in my bag and used it to put my hair in a bun.

I ran out of the bathroom to the kitchen where I clocked out and ran outside to my car.

I jumped inside and drove off immediately.

At this point it's 3:51 and it takes about 10 minutes to get there. Lets just hope traffic isn't that bad.

/

Just my luck.

Someone got into a fucking car accident.

I try my hardest to try and find a shortcut.

After a minute of trying to get out, the cars finally start to clear out.

I don't even pay attention to the speed limit anymore, I just rush my way through town.

Luckily I make it there by 3:58. Quickly, I grab my bag and make sure everything I need is inside. Once I've checked, I jump out of my car and run inside the education center.

I make my way to the front desk. I see a lady sitting there who honestly reminds me of Meryl Streep.

"Uh hi I-"

"Name?"

Well if you let me finish you would find out.

"Uh Annalise Scott." I tell the woman nervously.

"You're late."

I look over at the clock on the wall.

"But the clock only says 3:59."

She groans. "Fine, Mr. Lansky is waiting in his office which is right there." The lady says as she points to a room behind me.

"Thank you so much."

I quickly walk to his office and knock on the door.

"Come in!" I hear someone yell on the other side.

I open the door and see a man sitting in an office chair. He looks to be in his late 40s or early 50s. He has complete gray hair and glasses.

"Um Mr. Lansky? I'm Annalise Scott. We both talked over the phone a week ago about me applying to your school for your photography program."

"Ah Miss Scott please sit and also please call me George." He speaks up as he smirks.

I nod as I close the door and sit down in one of the closest seats.