Chapter 2

After a long day, me and Eve both made it back to my house.

When we walked in, my mom was there sitting at the kitchen counter. When my dad died she decided to start working from home so she could be there more for me.

"Hey Ms. Scott!" Eve yelled out.

"Hi Eve! Oh you look amazing!" My mom said as she gave Eve a hug.

"So Annalise, how was school?" My mom questioned.

"It was just like any other day, if people sing happy birthday to you everyday." I responded.

"Well I mean you are 18 now so it's a big deal."

"Yea but its not that big of a deal when almost everybody is that age." I said as I grabbed a bottle of sparkling water out of the fridge.

"Me and Eve are gonna go upstairs for a little bit."

I walked over to my mom and gave her a quick hug before me and Eve both ran upstairs.

Once we got upstairs I jumped on my bed and Eve shut the door.

Eve pulls out her ticket and stares at it.

"So the concert is for December 16, 2007?" Eve asks.

I nod my head.

"That's tomorrow."

"Yup," I agreed. "so that means we better figure out what we're going to wear." I stated.

"Wear?... WEAR! OH MY GOD CLOTHING I FORGOT ABOUT THAT!" Eve screams.

"What were you gonna do, go naked?" I ask.

Eve stares at me.

"You know sparkling water isn't good for you..." She folds her arms sassily.

I lift the bottle of sparkling water up and stare at it.

"Oh well if I die, I die. There's nothing I can do about it." I say while still drinking it.

"Ok I lied." Eve spoke.

"Knew it." I laughed.

"Ok but can we please pick out our outfits tomorrow and play Mario Kart?" Eve asks.

I laughed and nodded my head.

/

After spending about 2 hours beating Eve at Mario Kart, me, Eve, Nova, Peter, and Andy all went out to eat at my favorite restaurant, Randall's. It's just a typical pizza place but in my opinion they have the best cheese sticks. I asked my mom if she wanted to come but she said she wanted to finish up something for work.

Everyone walked inside and sat down at our booth.

"These seats are so comfy I could literally fall asleep." Nova exaggerates.

"I know right." Peter agrees.

"So has anyone heard from Alani lately?" Andy speaks up.

"Why, is she your girlfriend?" Nova asks sarcastically.

"NO!" Andy shouts, " I just haven't heard from her in a while."

I put my hand on Andy's shoulder, "I'm sure you'll hear from her soon." I give Andy a small smile and he returns it.

Suddenly I look up and see a waitress coming our way.

"Hi! Do you all know what you want to drink?" The lady asks.

Me and Andy both asked for waters while Eve asked for a fanta and Nova asked for a root beer.

"And how about you?" The waitress looks over to Peter who is just staring at her in a daze.