Epilogue

The next few weeks were met with the four friends helping you to pack the apartment, to get ready to move into a new one

The next few weeks were met with the four friends helping you to pack the apartment, to get ready to move into a new one. It was going to be a fresh start, for all of you. Over these few weeks, you had all become so close it felt like you were the original five.

You had been left a substantial amount of money from your parent's will, even before the police compensation from your stepfather, and the insurance fees. You could support yourself for pretty much your entire life if you budgeted wisely.

You sold the apartment and downsized to a more modern apartment, it had everything you needed including, including spare rooms and a large living room which was perfect for your group's sleepovers.

For nights like tonight, when your new group of four came over for the night.

You were going to watch the High School Musical movies just like old times, it was all of your comfort movies and Thomas didn't object. He was happy to be apart of all of the traditions that lived on.

You and Damiano were still taking things slowly but you were absolutely in love with him, not that you had said that out loud.

You loved the way his dimples formed on either side of his smile. The way his dark hair flopped around freely, you loved his dorky side, and his protective side.

You loved his comforting gestures and support.

You loved him for not being scared off by you.

For the way he was always there to clean you up if things went bad, how he wouldn't get mad at you no matter what had happened.

His support got you through a lot.

There was no doubt that you loved him. You hadn't said it to him since resuming your relationship, you were too scared.

You were both committed to taking things slowly, there was no rush after all.

You all lay on the ground watching the first movie and after a while you watched as his face showed reactive emotions throughout the movie.

Happiness.

Excitement.

Worry.

Joy.

They all crossed his features and you committed all of them to memory.

All you wanted to do was reach up and trace over the skin on his face, to feel the tiniest amount of stubble that you knew would have formed by now.

By the time stick to the status quo had come on, you wrapped an arm around him as he held you close, both of his arms hugging you tightly.

You finished all three movies, and the other three were asleep. Damiano was so close to falling asleep too but you were wired, completely wide awake.

You gently traced your fingers over his the skin of his stomach which was peaking out from his shirt before you reached up to hold his cheek. You traced your thumb over his defined cheekbone until you felt his breathing even out.

"I love you." You mouthed to him.

You pressed a kiss to the highest point of his cheekbone before curling in next to him, letting the soft breath of those around you lull you to sleep.

.

Three months later you felt like you had your life on track.

You had graduated and even had secured a job at a local cafe that had the best tasting coffee you'd ever had. Free coffee was one of the perks of bussing tables, that and getting to know the regulars.

You were slowly getting back to your old self, getting used to the everyday chitter chatter that you had disengaged from for years.

Damiano hadn't moved in with you, but he was spending increasingly more time at your place, so when you returned home from work to find him in the kitchen you weren't surprised.

"Hi my love." He greeted you, pressing a kiss to your lips before you even had a chance to kick off your shoes.

"Hi." You smiled back after breaking the kiss.

You heard the music spilling out from the living room. You were about to ask about it when he wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you to dance near the speaker.

You wrapped your arms around his neck, giving in to his hopeless romantic ways.

You slow danced around to Endless Love. It was lame, you knew that. But you wanted to stay that way forever, dancing to love songs like cliche teens in a chick flick.

You started to join in singing with the two voices. You never liked your own voice, but Damiano made you sing together all the time. He had a beautiful voice, you wished he'd show it off more. You even tried to convince him to pursue, it hadn't landed but you weren't going to give in easily.

"I'll be that fool for you I'm sure" You harmonised lamely, but you were so in love with this, singing with him, goofing off like idiots that didn't have a care in the world.

You were so in love with him.

"You know I don't mind" You sang before he countered, singing "oh you know I don't mind."

You continued slowly moving to the song, humming as you rested your head against his broad shoulder. Your ear was right over his heart, listening to the beats phase in and out of sync with the song.

Your grip tightened around him, sliding your arms under his shirt fabric to feel his skin as you pressed yourself against his warm torso.

"I love you." He spoke the three words for the first time.

You were a bit taken back, but you weren't scared to say it anymore. Everything felt so right between you, like everything in the universe was aligned, just for you.

"I love you." You whispered back as he pressed his lips against your forehead, a kiss that made you feel so secure.

You were in love, and nothing was going to change that now.

.

I can not thank you all for the love and support on this, it means the world to me.

I'm going to take a little break to catch up on my one shots and to write/edit my two books coming.

gum ➳ e.t.

Can You Keep a Secret ➳ e.t.

stay tuned.

all my love, xo