52.4

"Fifteen, eaten by a shark

"Fifteen, eaten by a shark." Damiano said with a wide smile, laughing at how ridiculous the thought was.

You laughed with him as you wrote it down, it was ridiculous.

15. Squalo | Eaten by a shark, sustain fatal injuries from a shark attack.

"Okay what's sixteen?" You asked with a wistful smile, getting close to the end of the list.

"Squashed buy a falling piano. No, wait! Drum set!" Ethan said, giggling.

16. Tamburo | Crushed by falling drum set, guts squishing out everywhere.

"Ewww" You commented at his choice of a description but you wrote it down nontheless.

You started writing the next line, reading out loud as you wrote.

17. Vichingo | Killed by a Viking, being slashed by a real viking.

The boys burst out with laughter at the randomness.

"As opposed to a fake one?" Ethan teased your choice of wording.

You rolled your eyes, tapping the pen to your lips as you tried to think of the last one.

"What's the last one going to be?" You asked, trying to decide.

You had ideas swirling around your head but there seemed to be too many options.

"I think this one should be up to you." Damiano said looking you in the eyes.

You sat in silence for a few moments as you thought. You could feel Damiano's breath on the back of your head, the heat comforting.

"It killed me once, it can kill me again." You said before writing out the final line.

18. Auto | Death by car accident, it killed me once, it can kill me again.

You still had nightmares from that night.

You weren't sure what were memories and what weren't, but you distinctly remembered the headlights.

The pain.

And then total darkness.

You remember being trapped in your body, being able to hear what was going on around you. Your brain would come up with dreams to the running dialect, although now you couldn't distinguish what your brain made up and what was reality.

You hugged the journal close to your chest, thinking about the past couple of months. Of everything that had lead you to write this journal.

You held it even closer, shutting your eyes.

Throwing this away was like a promise that you would stay alive.

You read through the pages a few times, as if to memorise every entry before you shut your eyes again.

You decided you were going to live the life you were given, and although it had been unfortunate you were sure you could turn it around now.

You sighed deeply before opening your eyes, throwing the small book into the orange flames that rose higher as the book burned, turning to ash.

.