45.4

I spent the day editing 6 new chapters to upload over the next few days :)))

(or just one day knowing me)

welcome to 2022! good vibes only for this year fingers crossed xo

.

You were sat on the toilet, burying your head into your hands and silently sobby.

You tried to stop yourself as you heard the squeaky door open and close. You dug your nails into your arm, holding your breath in an attempt to hide the sounds of your cries.

You heard a sigh, before the sound of the door opening and closing rang out through the now empty bathroom.

During your next lesson you were pulled out of class, being called to the principles office. You had received yet another dentention for skipping class. You tried to explain yourself, but the principle was heartless and issued on without hearing you out.

"Fuck." You muttered as you left your last class to go to detention. It was the last thing you wanted to do.

The room was empty aside from the teacher and the only other student in detention.

Ethan.

'Fuck my life' you thought to yourself but didn't dare speak it aloud.

The teacher sent you to the cafeteria to clean up the mess from lunch. You were mopping behind Ethan who was sweeping. You expected him to leave all of the work to you, but was pleasantly surprised that he pulled his weight.

You were halfway through mopping when the sweat was building on the back of your neck. You had to take off your jumper or you'd be soaked through by the time you finished.

You took it off quickly, tying it around your waist. The bandage on your arm was exposed but he wouldn't know what was under it.

"This is fucking child abuse." You groaned, your back starting to ache from pushing the mop over the stains on the floor repeatedly until they lifted.

You continued in silence after he chuckled at your statement. You couldn't help but notice is continual glances back at you.

"What'd you do to land yourself in here?" You asked. You weren't sure why you were trying to engage with him. Perhaps to distract yourself, or him.

"Skipped part of a class." He shrugged, speaking nonchalantly.

Finally you finished, throwing the supplies back into the cupboard haphazardly. You walked side by side back to the classroom to get your bags you had leftbehind.

"Ready to go?" Ethan asked, wiping the sweat off of his cheek with his shoulder.

You nodded, not wanting to say anything more. There was only one way out of the school from this classroom, so you had to walk out together, unless you excused yourself awkwardly.

You knew he was watching you the entire time and it was starting to grind on your nerves. You were already in a world of pain, physically and emotionally, and you didn't want to add onto that with a bitchy comment.

You got to the doors, he opened revealing pouring rain.

"Need a ride?" He asked.

You shook your head, scared of what would happen.

.

I've edited and split the next few chapters so hopefully they're spread out and read better than how they were originally set out. Especially the next two chapters, to me they read better as two. That means a double upload after this!! xo

Idk if i've said this on 18, but i'm awful at editing, feel free to point out mistakes, it helps!! :)