44.3

You stayed on the bathroom floor

You had no clue what time it was but you could tell it was still late. You hadn't moved after it had happened again. You were in so much pain, the lingering pain from his kicks were heavily felt throughout your body.

You struggled to pull yourself into a seated position, your entire body felt like it was on fire. You found yourself walking, limping, slowly out of the apartment and down the road to where you went the other night.

Walking helped, or maybe it didn't, but soon the pain started to numn.

You sat and cried.

You couldn't cry at home, it would just make him mad, well more mad, and that never ended well.

You had your head in your hands, curled up away from the light of street lamps.

You heard voices talking, you looked up to see Vanessa and Victoria walking down the road, only a hundred metres or so away. You stood up, booking it straight ahead into the woods.

You heard them shouting after you but you kept running, whne you turned to check where they were you could see Vanessa out on the road, but Victoria was still chasing you. Her blonde hair flapping messily as she ran.

You watched your feet as you ran, you weren't about to be tripped by a tree root. You had no plans of where you were going, but running to lose her sounded like a good plan.

You watched the ground, seeing a metal reflection that shone under the moonlight.

It took you a few more steps to register what it was.

You had just ran over a leghold trap.

You stopped, turning to see her not so far behind, the trap only metres in front of her.

"Stop!" You screamed out at her but it was too late, the silver metal clamped around her ankle as she let out a scream.

The trap itself wasn't that big as it was only meant for feral cats, but it still had a serrated edge that cut into her leg.

You immediately felt sick, how on earth were these things still legal?

You ran forwards, wrapping your arm around her waist to stop her from falling forward and making the injury worse. Her body weight pulled on you, pain rippling through your body.

"Oh my god, what do I do?" You started panicking.

She was clinging to your shoulder, holding herself up.

"Call an ambulance or something. Vanessa has my phone but she left." She spoke, her face screwed up in pain.

"I didn't bring my phone." You said, scared.