43.6

strap in, my angels

strap in, my angels.

.

You held your hand over your left cheek, the sting still apparent in your skin.

"Did you just fucking slap me?" You hissed at Ethan.

He raised his hands as if he weren't the culprit.

"Sorry. I just panicked." He said, his eyes wide with fear.

You rubbed over the sore skin, he didn't hit hard but it definitely caught you off guard.

"You little bitch." You mumbled grumpily.

Damiano frowned at you, the weight of the situation still apparent to him.

"You're not dying." He said, his brows furrowed.

You rolled your eyes at him, dropping your hand from the reddening cheek.

"You don't get a say." You told him half-heartedly.

He pulled you into a hug, yet another action that caught you completely off guard. Your arms were pinned to your side but you liked this approach a lot more than Ethan's.

"Not on my watch, we're going to fix this." He said, more so to himself.

He nodded like he was making a promise to both himself and you. He squeezed you tighter and you finally gave in, wrapping your arms around his waist. You had no idea how he was going to fix it, but in his arms, it felt like he could wave a magic wand and make everything instantly okay.

It was a fleeting feeling though, as you heard the familiar sound of a scraping key against the door lock, your step father drunkenly trying to get into the unit. The noise was barely audible, but you had committed those small tells to your brain, hyperaware of anything that told you what was about to happen.

"Shit." You said breathlessly seeing two pairs of confused eyes on you.

.

it's a short chapter, should i post another or wait until tomorrow?