Ephemeral

Ephemeral

    The sky was a mixture of blue and orange, the sun is about to go down, it's rays scattering around them an in the sea, it illuminated a beautiful scattered view. They can see birds flying across the skies, in groups. Once the leader bird becomes exhausted, another bird would take his place and lead the group, she observed them and a faint smile escaped her lips, below her feet, she could feel the small water waves. The view is beautiful, all in glory of it's ethereal beauty and infront of him, a more beautiful view is in. He was looking at the sky, she couldn't see his face but she could say by observing his body Language, that he atleast wasn't tense or angry and that made her smile.

    She didn't know exactly when this began but she just woke up like this, falling for the person she swore as her enemy.

    She didn't even know what made her fall in love with him, while she could basically count all his bad reputation.

    She didn't know when this craziness began but she didn't care, it's temporary she knows.
She knows that sooner or later they will depart from each other and may not see each other again, she knows her family will prevent it from happening if ever, she understand it even if it will hurt her. He caused trouble to their country and who knows - her brother might even kill him if they met each other. A strong wind blew her hair, the waves was a little stronger now and it almost made her lose her balance, a small, shy ' Eeep' sound escaped her lips.

It made him look at her, as she struggles to stand firmly in her feet. She was to focus on not falling in the water that for a moment she didn't noticed him staring, with the softest gaze he could ever had. He watched her struggle to stand, wanting to help her but chose to stood there and observed her. Once she gained her balance, he look away, he didn't want her to know that he is staring at her.

   She made him feel those unfamiliar feelings, he never experienced anything like that. He was lately nervous around her, that never happened before. His heart hurts because it heats too fast when she's around, too fast for his likings. He couldn't stop it and frankly, even it was a little uncomfortable, he does like how it feels. The sun rays hits her face, she look beautiful, if only he could paint her face.

  "Eren.." she called him but her voice was just so small that it fade away easily, it's as if he didn't even hear her say his name.

"Eren!" She called him again, this time a little louder than before but not loud enough to be called shouting, he look at her who looks at him as if he's an idiot but afterwards a beautiful smile formed on her lips, it makes her looks even more beautiful as soft sun rays hits her face. is it really possible to look that beautiful? She's the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, he may had a sex partner before but nothing compares to her.

She makes him feel something that he should not have allowed. She knocks on her heart and he gladly opened it and let her enter, she may not be aware of it yet but she had conquered his heart.

She conquered his heart and it's not his anymore ,it's hers. If she decided to crash it, then what will happen to him. It was inevitable yet he was not prepared for it to happen, if he could be selfish enough to held her here, to lock her in this place he would so she won't break his heart but it was selfish, he already did once, he took her away.

He didn't expect himself to fall for her.  " What are you thinking?"
He shakes his head, he didn't want to tell her what he's thinking, she may feel dismayed if he shares it with her so he restrained himself from telling her. " Why did you follow me?"

"Nothing." She shrugs and sighed, " I just want to watch the sunset." and another smile grazed her lips. 

"..."

She look at him, he is still staring at the sea with a distant look on his face, he seems to be thinking about something else, Mikasa could only wonder what could that be but deep inside she feels like she knows what he's thinking. They will depart once their deal finishes and they may not he able to see each other again, she wants to go home too and see her family but she also wants to stay with him, to hold him in her arms. It's complicated.

The sun had been eaten by the sea again and here they are, still in the sea, as silence followed them. They both want to talk to each other but they didn't know when to start talking.

They may not like what will happen next, they may hear things that they didn't want to hear from each other. They may not see each other ever again and they didn't want it to end like this or are they just too  paranoid for themselves.

Their hearts spoke the words their minds refused to say.

"Eren."
"Mikasa."

They spoke at the same time, making their eyes widen in shock and they both look away again, followed by the awkward silence behind the two of them, it's uncomfortable. Another silence, they fear the words that will leave their mouths but what is there to fear?

Is it a fear of an unknown but growing love between the two of them?
Their breaking because of love, his walls is breaking and her promises to herself too. She promised herself that she would kill him and yet she's loving him, He said he would kill her but everything falls apart when he found out the fragment of truth, he may not fully know everything but he knows her family is innocent.

"What?" They said at the same time again but she let him talk first.

He didn't know what to say but he just wants to let it out, to let her know what he feels even though it's embarrassing. He may not have this moment again.

"My heart hurts.." he say and it made her immediately worry of him. " It heats so fast whenever your around."

This may not be the best confession but whatever a confession is still a confession.
"And I realized...I love you."
They stare at each other, both their hearts are beating fast.
" I don't want to let you go because I would be empty without you and even hell is preferable to a world without you, Mikasa."

Mikasa felt joy enveloped her heart, and even when he tilted his head, shyly looking away after his confession, a smile grazed her lips and she kissed him.
They cherished their moment, as their soft lips meet each other. Their heartbeats are fast against their ribcage, their kisses fall into motion. They stared into each other's eyes, maybe for tonight just like that night they could be real to themselves again, without worrying if the world frown upon seeing them together.

They may hate them for this, they might not see one another ever again and so they wished on the stars to let them have this.
They didn't know what will happen next and they just wanted this, for the world to stop rotating for a moment and let them have this because who knows - their love might be ephemeral.