Chapter Forty Two

Start from the beginning

I didn't want to have our conversation anywhere near his wife and kids. Kyle looked confused and reluctant so I stepped closer to him to whisper in his ear.

"If you don't follow me outside right now I will make a scene. I'm sure you haven't told your wife where you really got that black eye so let's keep it that way for now. Now put on some shoes and come with me."I whisper yelled in his ear.

Kyle didn't need to be told twice after that as he put on some shoes and followed me outside. As soon as we arrived next to my car I turned to him with an angry look on my face.

"What are you doing here Diana? How did you even find me?"He asked before I had the chance to demand what had brought me to him.

"You know why I am here Kyle and you should learn to keep your private life private. Limit your Facebook posts for your own safety."I replied.

"Najib punched me, he deserves to go to prison."Kyle seethed looking like an injured dog.

"Oh please drop the theatrics, you were drunk and being a dick that night, you deserved to be punched. Now be a man for once in your life instead of a dick and accept that you got your ass handed to you and drop the charges."I requested as politely as I could.

"You know that's not the whole reason why I filed those charges against him."Kyle replied.

"You can't be serious, not this again. Kyle I'm with Kareem now so stop being a prick and let him go."I demanded.

"Why did you chose him? Najib was fucking worse than me back then. Why is he deserving of you and I wasn't?"Kyle yelled.

Was he even listening to himself and all the nonsense that he was spewing.

"Kyle it's been five years since we broke up. I've moved on and you have too. You have a wife and kids for crying out loud, why can't you just drop this?"I asked getting angrier at his pettiness.

"Because you were mine first."He shouted and I totally understood why Kareem had punched him in the first place. He was being completely unreasonable. Kyle looked determined to make me pay for dating Kareem, for moving on from him to someone far better than him.

"Not that its any of your business but Kareem has changed. I am happy with him and you have your family. Let's put this behind us please."I requested.

"No."Kyle replied stubbornly.

I pinched the bridge of my nose taking deep breaths to calm myself because Kyle was being very uncooperative. Since he wouldn't listen to reason I decided to change tactics. No more nice Diana, it was time to show him a side of me he had never seen before.

"You know what Kyle, it's fine, if you want to be a dick about this then okay. Just know that I will do everything in my power to make sure you lose. I hope you have a good lawyer because by the looks of this case the tables might turn and you'll go to jail."I informed him trying to look as confident as possible.

I was making things up as I spoke but I got his attention when he heard me mentioning about him going to jail.

"What do you mean?"He asked looking alarmed.

"Oh you don't know? Well let me give you a rundown of what my lawyer informed me. You threw the first punch so you are actually the aggressor, you accosted me several times even after I said no and we have witnesses of all these crimes. So you either drop the charges against Kareem or I will sue you for sexual harassment. I know you remember what my family is capable of because if I push on with this, after they are done with you those six months that you spent behind bars will look like a walk in the park compared to the years you'll get."I threatened putting on the meanest face I could muster.