Chapter Fourteen: Right the Ship

"Shhh, you're going to wake her up," Spencer whispered, covering Olivia's mouth. It was 9am and Faith still hadn't waken up, giving her parents time to participate in one of their favorite activities.

Lately, the toddler had been extra clingy. They assumed it was because they had moved away from family and were in a new setting in New Jersey. It was much easier to commute to practice and the stadium instead of living in Manhattan like they originally planned. Right now, they were renting in East Rutherford until they decided where they wanted to buy a home after the wedding. Spencer's agent also told them to hold off just in case things didn't work out with the Jets. Their organization didn't have the best leadership and no telling what could happen after two to three seasons. So renting seemed like the best option for now.

"Fuck, Spencer," Olivia moaned, wrapping her legs around his waist and only making him fall deeper. His slow strokes were becoming rigid as her center began to pulse around him.

Spencer gave up on trying to keep her quiet since they were both close. Two seconds later they heard tiny footsteps and a crash at the door. Faith had climbed out of her bed again. Even with the baby monitor on, they missed her escape. For the past month, they had been dealing with her getting out of bed and waddling down the dark hall to their room.

"Shit," Spencer cussed, pulling out and grabbing his shorts and hurrying to the door while Olivia grabbed her robe from the bathroom. "This little Houdini." When he opened the door, Faith was there with her stuffed football and toothy smile.

"Hiiiii," she sang, her dimpled smile making her father grin. Just when he was about to fuss at her, she had to overload the cuteness. "Let me in," Faith pushed his legs in an attempt to enter the room.

"Whoa, whoa little mama. Didn't mommy and daddy say you had to sleep in your big girl bed," Spencer asked, blocking Faith out.

"Faith how did you get out," Olivia questioned their almost two year old who had stuck her head between her father's knees.

"Let me in," she repeated, her tiny grunts showing her effort to enter the space.  Eventually, she gave up and Spencer picked up her and carried her back to her room, against her protests. "No, no, nooo!"

Once the toddler was up and moving, the day had officially started. In two weeks, Spencer was heading to training camp. They practiced at MetLife but he'd be spending most of his days away from home. He had already worked through OTAs and felt like the adjustment to the NFL wouldn't be too bad. At least not while he worked out with other rookies on the team. Training camp and the preseason would be the true test and Spencer was excited. As was his fiancée and she showed that by buying up his jerseys and gifting them to their family and friends.

"Going for a quick run," he kissed Olivia's cheek as she turned on a cardio workout while Faith played in her play area. "Love you!"

"I love you too. Be careful, you have fans now," Olivia smiled, watching Faith hold up her arms to get her own kiss before Spencer walked out.

After his first run, Spencer had a meeting with his agent and financial advisor. Olivia used that time to schedule a play date with one of her new friends, Chantelle.

Chantelle was also the wife of one of the rookie cornerbacks and new to the area. They were originally from Alabama, where her husband Stephon played at the University of Alabama before being drafted. Chantelle and Stephon had a 3-year-old daughter named Kassidy who was as full of life and adventure as Faith.

"Those two have become the best of friends, it's adorable," Chantelle watched the toddlers share a ball and Cheeto puffs, getting the orange powder all over their clothes.