23

Next Day - 10AM

Jayda laid awake, her fingertips grazing softly through Von's scalp as he laid on her stomach.

She had finally gotten him to fall asleep an hour ago, but he twisted and turned every second so she didn't know how long it would last.

He'd cried literally the entire night, mostly in disbelief. The only reason he finally fell asleep was because he had a major migraine.

She carefully slid from under him, standing up out of the bed. She watched as Von felt for her, and she cursed under her breath once he sat up.

He looked around, before looking at her, and she met his eyes.

"I just have to pee baby." She mumbled. He opened his arms for her, and she walked back over to him, letting him pull her back down.

"I have to pee Kyzeir. I be right back." She held his face, before sighing, seeing tears falling from his eyes.

"I'm sorry baby." She hugged around his neck as he cried on her shoulder. He laid his head down, wiping his face.

He stood up with her, carrying her to the bathroom. He placed her on her feet, and she sat down to pee. The both of them brushed their teeth as Von stared at himself in the mirror.

Jayda wiped her mouth as she watched him blink slowly.

"I killed him." He mumbled, and Jayda wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I did n-I didn't. Jayda I was just talking to him yester-." He covered his face in his hands, and she rubbed his back.

"How is he dead? I talk to him everyday Jayda. I have not been hallucinating this whole time." He mumbled, his voice cracking as Jayda led him over to the bed.

She laid down, letting him lay between her legs, crying silently on her stomach as she rubbed his scalp.

"15 y-I been imagining him for 15 years?" He whispered, more so to himself.

"It was a trauma response baby. You were so young and I'm sure you didn't really understand. And on top of that you were heavily abused, you probably imagined your brother being alive after all these years as a comfort thing." She rubbed his scalp, and he sniffed, wiping his face.

"Man what the fuck." He sat up, running his fingers through his dreads as his leg shook. He grabbed his phone, going to his call log.

He stared in disbelief at his phone, not even knowing Trayvon's number nor seeing it in his log, and he was who Von called the most.

He put his face in Jayda's stomach, rubbing his thumb over her skin as he closed his eyes.

"He was only 9." Von mumbled, wiping his face dry, his eyes still closed.

Jayda pulled him up, his head laying in her neck as she pulled the covers over them, rubbing his back.

"Why'd it take me so long to realize? I been thinking he was alive for fifteen y-fuck." He groaned, leaning over and throwing up in the trash bin.

Jayda sat up, holding his dreads back as he threw up, and she frowned her face up at his clear vomit.

"Shit." She cursed once he passed out after he finished throwing up. She laid him back on her bed, standing up and grabbing a towel, soaking it in hot water.

She cleaned his face off and his mouth out with the warm towel, sighing as she rubbed his face.

She put her fingers to his neck, feeling his pulse steady, and he'd probably put himself to sleep from overwhelming his body.