✿chapter fifteen - explanations

Start from the beginning

"Ok..." you whispered. "I hope what you want to show me is good".

Both of you started walking. During all the time, Eren didn't stop holding your wrist, something that made you release part of the stress you were holding in your body during all this week. Maybe he doesn't hate me anymore...

I still don't understand why it bothers me so much. It didn't happen during the last three years.

After a long five minutes walking, you finally reached to the place Eren wanted to show you, and you understood why he wanted to do that. A few meters away, there was a bench that was next to a small stream that passed through there. The moonlight reflected off the water, illuminating the entire place. The stars were brighter than you had ever seen.

"Come on, let's sit" Eren demanded.

You sat on the bench, each of you at one end. For a few minutes, neither of you spoke. You admired the tranquility that this place conveyed, realizing that it was a feeling that you hadn't had for a long time.

Eren turned to look at you. Although you realized it, you did not do the same as him, you didn't dare.

"I don't hate you" he said.

With that, all the stress you've been feeling during all this week disappeared. Those were the words you needed to hear. Still, you didn't say anything.

"I'm sorry for saying those things about you", Eren continued, "I was sad and... confused because of having to move to another place, I wasn't thinking straight, I truly don't think those things about you".

"You're always trying to help people... and it seems that, for a few years, I thought that I did not deserve to receive help from anyone. That's why I couldn't stand people who tried to help me, I really didn't understand why they wanted to do that. I'm sorry".

You shifted to peer at him, knowing already why he felt like this. He blames himself for the death of his parents and for all the bad things that happened to him. Because of that, he doesn't think he deserves anything good.

Just like me three years ago.

You got closer to Eren and smiled. "Don't worry, it's ok. I was still a bit worried that you still thought that about me, but now I not that's not true".

The boy sighed and giggled. "Damn, I was so worried that now you were the one who hated me!"

Your eyes widened. "How could I hate you, Jaeger?" you questioned. "I've been missing during all this week visiting your house!"

Eren laughed. "I missed it too". Suddenly, his face changed completely. You could see it was filled with sorrow. "The day Mikasa told me I needed to leave her house was the third anniversary of the death of my parents. I felt empty, and no one seemed to notice that, except from a few people who remembered it".

Your heart started beating faster, remembering that day, September 15th. "I'm so sorry, Eren. I completely forgot about it" you confessed.

"It doesn't matter" he assured. "At that time, we were not that close. That's also the reason why during all this week, I didn't try to talk with you. Since Mikasa told me that she explained everything to you, I remembered that day, and therefore, my parents. That's why I was so dry all these days. I should be the one apologizing".

Instinctively, you reached over to grab Eren's hand. "Don't apologize for something that's not your fault. You deserve to let out all those feelings, even if you do that by distancing yourself from others".

He looked at you, his expression changing to a more hopeful one. And with that, looking deep into her eyes, you found yourself, the y/n from about two years ago. When things were starting to get better in your life, separating you from toxic people and habits that made you a worse person. When there began to be hope for you.