Five : Her

"Then, how did you get this water?" His question caught me off guard. I never expected that he'd ask. I looked away from his starry blue eyes in my direction.

"I used the leaf," I didn't know if I panicked or what, but that just came out of my mouth.

"Used the leaf?" He looked at me weirdly. It doesn't make sense.

A long silence occurred between us.

"The night's getting heavier. It's better if we head back." I said, and he didn't argue and nodded at me.

I went back to my dorm and—-

"Well, well, well, miss Rune. Where have you been?"

"Miss Maer, I was out to my favorite place," I said, and we burst a laugh.

"I heard from Jamie that you mentored again," Sarah stated in her bed while I started fixing myself. Me, mentoring is a big deal for them. Duh, they're the ones who find me amusing and suitable to be a mentor.

"And I see that you aren't asleep," I blurted out cause mostly she's asleep every time I come back at this hour. It's passed 9 in the evening.

"C'mon, tell me, is he handsome? Is he tall? Is he single?" She exclaimed and excitingly waiting for an answer.

I took my phone and showed it to her.

"I'm ready to tell Jamie everything you just said just now," I said to her.

"Hmph! Lille, are you, my friend?! Go, wash up!" She said and pushed me towards the bathroom. I laughed hard. Sarah Meur, she's my only friend in the Hoshizora house and my roommate obviously, and yeah, Jamie, our peace officer, is her boyfriend.

After I washed up, I whipped myself some instant noodles. I never really get to eat instant noodles in the castle; they never let me.

I was ready to sleep when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I said while going out of the door. I don't want to wake up Sarah; she's one light sleeper.

"Lille?" I looked at who the caller was. It's Kloiro.

"Yes?"

"How are you? Everything okay there?"

"Yes, yes. No need to worry. Anyway, what made you call?" I asked. They would call me whenever they felt anxious or problematic but mostly if something was wrong.

"Ahmm..."

"What is it? Spill."

"It's Darwen."

"Why? What about him?" I curiously asked.

"He manipulated water," my eyebrow raised.

"Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'manipulate'?"

"Darwen also has magic like you." I dropped the phone because of shock. Being magic is enough; you never knew how hard it was for me to get used to this called magic. Now my little brother will experience it too. Is this a joke?!

"Hey, m'lady Esmeray, you dropped your phone." I know that familiar voice, plus that he's the only one I know who calls me Esmeray.

I faced him. "Darwen is magic too. What will I do? Brix, tell me?!" Brix was there for me since day 1; he knows how much I suffered from the past.

"Calm down," He softly said and took my hands and tapped them slowly.

"What w-will I do?" I started panicking and taking heavy breaths.

"Shh, shh. Darwen won't experience what you went through." I felt him tap my back.

"B-Brix, all t-those p-people." I felt the hot liquid flowing out of my eyes. I heard screams and shouts, and flashbacks about that day resurfaced within my very eyes.

I woke up the next day in my bed without remembering anything that night. I remember that I cried and cried for I don't know the reason. Every time that happens to me, I can't remember anything. When I asked Brix, he would always tell me that I had a breakdown. But if it's a breakdown, I should have placed it, suitable?

I prepared myself for my classes while having deep thoughts. I finished my morning classes without actually listening; that's something.

"What are you doing, my lady?" I know who that voice belonged.

"This is the library, reading, of course." I blurted out to Sybil.

"Mmm, I don't think anyone could read it like that." I raised him a brow.

"What?!" I exclaimed as he took my book and twisted it in the correct view.

"Your books' upside down. Now, tell me. What's bothering you?"

I seriously faced him. "You know, Sybil. Even if I have something on my mind, it doesn't concern you." I frankly said.

"So you do have something in your mind," he stated. I shook my head and continued reading. I was pretty uncomfortable having Sybil look at me at the same time.

"What are you still doing here? Scram!" I shrieked.

"Shh," he shushed me since I said that out loud.

"Please, I just want my peace right now," I said, and I mean it. I want peace.

"You won't find peace if you cannot accept what was done," I looked at him when he said those words.

"No," I firmly said. How can I accept something that haunts my sleep? Whether it's a nightmare or the reality that I know.

I went to the Hanabi Building to see Brix and ask him what happened that night. I remembered that he was there, with me.

"Brix, please! Tell me?!" I keep questioning.

"Esmeray, I'm telling you. You had a breakdown, that's all!"

"Do you think I'll believe that?!" I exclaimed back.

"Okay. You were crying and running away from your dorm, then I saw you, then you became unconscious, so I carried you back." He explained.

"Don't you dare lie to me, Brix! That didn't happen!"

"But that's what happened!"

"That doesn't make sense! I know I was talking to the phone before you came into the picture!" I tried checking my call logs, but I didn't say a number that night. But I know for a fact that I'm right.

"I order you to tell me!" I exclaimed again.

"Esmeray, you may be the princess that I serve in Zion, but here at L.Q High, I'm here for you as a friend."

"Brix," I softly exclaimed his name.

"And as a friend, Esmeray. I'm only doing what I think is right for you."

"Then, what's right for me? Not knowing?" I asked. If only those events and dreams could tell me all of it. They're pretty blurry for me to understand what was happening; I find myself crying every time.

"Yes."

"How do you think I could live that something's missing in who I truly am?"

—————————MissKjj07————-12/21/21
I'm sorry if I'm such a drama queen in this chapter hahahahha. Maybe the effect of watching dramas. Anyway, enjoy!