Chapter 24 Diving Deep

A/N: Wow, just throwing a ton of these chapters out. I've been getting a lot of ideas for this book, so I'm trying to write out as many chapters as I can before my schedule gets busy again. Probably won't be able to update for a while after that, not until this coming summer, probably. So, on with the story!

"Sooo... You're saying a giant crab broke through the barrier, and the security team is trying to cover it up because there is apparently some kind of conspiracy?" Kai asked while the four students sat in the boys' apartment.

"It wasn't just a 'giant crab'. It's a Cala-Pod. They eat elemental powers" Seliel said with a narrowed gaze.

"Right... right... I'm sorry, I knew some creatures thought our powers were edible but... really? With a name like that?" Kai continued, stifling a laugh.

"Kai, this is serious. Those security guards were ready to make me disappear if they knew I saw the thing," Cole replied. Kai's face grew into a wider smile.

"Let me guess... they're gonna make you sleep with the fishes?" he muttered before bursting out into giggles. The earth master and warrior glared the hothead down. Skylor, who sat next to him on the couch, pulled his hair.

"Ow!" Kai spat before rubbing his head.

"Not the time to be cracking jokes," she whispered. Kai turned to see the irritated looks from the pair. He then unconsciously rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry... think I've been hanging around Jay too much. You said the guards were ready to take you away?"

"Like they wanted to bury us alive..." Seliel muttered.

"But why? They already said an animal got in... you don't think anyone got hurt, right?" Kai asked. Seliel and Cole gave each other a glance before looking back at the fire master.

"Why else would they so desperately want to keep it hush hush?" the warrior suggested, making Kai's body freeze.

Knock. Knock...

The four friends turned towards the door before Kai quickly got to his feet. After a small sprint, the fire master opened the door to find a sickly green corpse.

"AAAHHH---Oh it's just Tox." The Master of Poison glared the young man down. Her green hair was tied in a messy bun, and a blanket was wrapped over her body.

"Not in the mood, Porcupine," Tox spat with a shiver. Skylor then got to her feet.

"Whoa, Tox, you alright?" she asked before heading over to her roommate.

"No... have you guys seen lightning mouth or Nya? They ditched me after I took a nap," she grumbled through a stuffy nose.

"They didn't stay with you?" Cole asked that time.

"No... Jay went to go pick up some food, and Nya then disappeared when I woke up."

The whole room suddenly grew ten degrees colder. Tox scanned over the group as all the color seemed to drain from their faces.

"AAAAAHHHH!!!!" the four screamed while whipping out their phones.

...

Lloyd stared at the growling wolf as he tried to get to his feet. The white creature bared its teeth more but didn't move. After Lloyd finally stood straight, he looked around the trees. When the young teacher couldn't see a way out, he slowly moved his hands to form an energy ball. Zane then lifted his own hand towards him.

"Wait--"

Light suddenly blinded the group. The bright colors swirled around the wolf for a few seconds before the creature morphed into a human. Her wild raven hair was tucked under a hat that resembled a wolf. Lloyd dropped his hands. His jaw nearly hit the snow.