Chapter 3- The Mystery of it All

A blue force burst out of my violin.

All the soldiers fell to the ground.

Whoa

What just happened?...

Shocked, I am. Taking this to advantage, I begin running again to I don't know where, I just keep running. As I turn my neck around to see behind me, the soldier that threatened to kill me stood up, he shook his head and spat out a bloody tooth onto the ground. I didn't mean for him to get hurt but I guess self defense took over and that happened. Also, what was that?

Excalibur was looking brand new. All of the scratch marks and dirt magically just vanished, somehow. Magically, hmm... Was it magic? What exactly happened back there? Does my violin have magical powers? Do I have magical powers? This is just so confusing, let me think back...

Okay, so the soldier was telling me how I'm not going to exist anymore, blah, blah, blah. Then all of the soldiers raised their weapons. Pause. During that moment, I was very scared and worried; I thought I was going to die. Then without thinking, I raised my violin and played a note. That's when the force emerged out of my violin and all the soldiers crumpled to the ground.

Curious and to experiment, I play another note on my violin to see if anything would happen. Unfortunately, the violin made the normal sound and no burst or spark flew out of Excalibur. How did it happen last time but not this time!? To me, this doesn't make any sense what so ever.

Ah, here is one! When I get tired of running, I sometimes find a abandoned building to sleep in for the night. My "home" is no where near where the soldiers patrol around, that's good.

If only I could get hold of The Piano Guys... Hold on. Maybe something happened with their instruments too! I might not be the only one with this dilemma. Ok seriously, this is all I can talk about. This topic about a magic violin seems like a bunch of baloney that I cannot stop thinking about.

In the abandoned building/room, I notice a piece of cardboard and a water fountain that still functions properly. Also, for some odd, apparent reason, there is also an unopened box of Grape Nuts cereal.

Huh, this must be my lucky day!

***

After I eat and drink, I curl up to the corner of the room and lay the cardboard upon me to shield myself from the harshly cold temperature in the room.

My sleep was peaceful, well it was peaceful until I plunged into a nightmare, that is.