Chapter 5- Is This The End?

Soldier that tried to take Lindsey's violin POV

"Did you hear that scream?" I asked a fellow soldier standing next to me.

"I did, I think it was coming from one of those buildings/rooms," the soldier replied while pointing to a row of abandoned houses.

"Ow!" I cried out in pain. All the soldiers started to stare at me by my sudden outburst.

A throbbing affliction emerged into my mouth as a tiny glass shard flung through the dusty air, skimming my gum where that tooth was knocked out of my mouth; my gum started to bleed even worse.

To set aside the pain, I started to think about happy thoughts. Bringing Lindsey Stirling, to the boss, dead or alive. Wow, the reward I would get. The boss would be very pleased with me. The accomplishment I will feel. Oh how I hope that happens soon. Knowing me, I have bad luck though, it's probably not going to happen. A soldier could dream.

A soldier to the side of me brought his hand to my face and started snapping his fingers, bringing me back into reality. Out of aggravation, I slapped that pretty little hand of this away from my face causing him to cry a yelp of pain and he then put his hand back to his side, in silence with no comment.

"Let's get this show on the road. Everyone follow me. I heard a scream coming from these buildings over here and I have a strong feeling the rest of you did too. I'm determined to find out who made that scream. I already have an idea on who that person might be," I acknowledged all of the soldiers; all heads turning my way as I spoke. After all, technically, I am the lead soldier.

The first room had nothing in it. No life form, nothing. The second room also had nothing. Actually the second room had a rotten skeleton in it but that's beside the point. I'm not here to look for a skeleton. Maybe the third room will be the charm. You know what people say," Third time the charm!"

I speedily ran and kicked down the third door to the third house, with all my might, even though it wasn't needed. I simply could've opened the door. Once again, nothing. My mind was probably playing a trick on me, along with everyone else's.

About to give up hope I saw a soldier gesture for me and all the other soldiers to come where he is. I ran has fast as I could, my heart racing, and I broke the door, revealing a certain dancing violinist.

Her eyes go wide while estimating the amount of soldiers that start to crowd around her in the room. She tried to grab her violin and bow but she only managed to rest her hand on the bow before one of the soldiers shot her square in the chest. She stared to scream but it faded very quick. To my eyes, I saw no movement in her.

"Is she d-dead?" I questioned while choking, joy flowing throughout my voice.