Chapter 26: Unravelling Horror

Start from the beginning

"I was orphaned. I mean, I only faintly remember that fateful day when I split with them..." Demetria said.

"Do you remember what they looked like?" Finn asked.

"Well, not really. I can faintly recall remembering I was taken care of by a dark blue car; he called himself 'the fabulous Hudson hornet'. His other half was an egg-white old-timer; but..." Demetria remembred.

"Doc Hudson?" Finn asked, astonished.

"Yeah... that's what everyone says," Demetria admitted.

"The doc Hudson was your father?" Finn echoed.

"I'm not sure, but all I remember was that he took care of me after the Allinol crisis," Demetria said.

"Wait... but, that's impossible!" Mater interjected.

"Wha?" Demetria gasped, taken aback.

"I hate to break it to ya, but Doc passed on by the time the Allinol crisis happened," Mater admitted.

"What?!" Demetria gasped, slightly offended now.

"Yeah. He passed a couple of years before that." Mater confirmed.

"You're... you're lying." Demetria disputed, quite agitated.

"Miss Starforce, calm down. I'm sure this has been a misunderstanding." Holly picked up.

"You're lying, Mater! Don't you play with my past like that!" Demetria snapped.

"Starforce, what's going on?" Finn asked.

"You're on their side, aren't you? YOU ALL ARE!" Demetria scowled.

"Jaquelin, please calm down. We've evidently tapped into some past trauma..." Finn assumed.

"LIKE YOU'D KNOW PAST TRAUMA! Nettes was right, I really need to re-evaluate those I should trust..." Demetria scoffed.

"What has Nettes got to do with this?" Finn asked.

"Maybe he was right, about everything..." Demetria reconsidered.

"Oh, no... I think he's gotten to her." Holly gasped.

"You're not thinking straight, Miss Starforce. We all need to just calm down." Finn

"CALM DOWN?! If I'm going to be forced to be mocked like this, I'll be making my way out thank you." Demetria scoffed.

"Miss Starforce, please..." Finn plead.

She stormed out of the complex before they could even grasp what was happening.

"What in the Manufacturer..." Holly gasped.

"Does your friend have some other disclosed troubles?" Finn asked.

"I gotta go after her... I'll be back... maybe." Mater declared.

"Alright. Are you sure you don't need any help?" Finn asked.

"She's just... in need of some privacy. I'll go on my own." Mater said.

"Alright, be safe, old chap. Contact us when you have updates on the situation." Finn said.

"Okie doke, thanks Finn." Mater thanked.

He raced after her - through the complex, the dark corridor, and to the bunker entrance. He pressed a button and the bunker entrance opened for him. He rolled out as it opened fully, looking from left to right.

"Miss Boltarius? Demetria?" Mater called out.

He was surrounded by murky swamplands. Every time he looked left or right, he'd find fewer and fewer clues as to where Demetria fled off to.