Chapter 20

Yoshi groaned, feeling the back of his head. His fingers came back bloody.

As he turned, he saw the blade part of a shovel flying towards his face and without second thought, he rolled to the side while Freedom screamed and cried, pleading for whoever the attacker was to stop.

"PLEASE!!" she cried out. "DON'T HURT HIM!! TAKE ME!! TAKE ME, FREDERICH!!"

Yoshi looked up at the handsome man with his glowing brown skin and neatly groomed hair and beard. He was shocked that the man was still alive! Had Junior actually had a heart and spared him?

Frederich lunged at the stunned Yoshi and as they struggled with each other, Yoshi's arm against Frederich's neck, a crash suddenly came from their side but the two men continued grappling, Yoshi trying to stop Frederich from killing him with the spade.

Freedom had just stood on the tips of her toes, still bound to the chair and she had tried to jump then let her weight fall with the chair, breaking a leg off. This allowed her enough room to wiggle her legs out of her binds. She then stood to her full height, carrying the chair on her back before jumping up and falling on her back, right onto the chair which shattered to pieces, freeing her.

Yoshi made the mistake of turning towards the sound only for Frederich to grab him and put the blade of a knife against his neck, cutting him deeply as Yoshi gasped.

In the blink of an eye, Freedom was up on her feet and as Yoshi felt the knife slicing through his skin, he saw her fly towards him and the next second, Frederich was gasping for air as Freedom stepped back in shock, eyes wide at what she had just done.

Yoshi fell, clutching his neck where Frederich had just cut him, blood running between his fingers as he tried to stop the bleeding. As he turned his head to the gasping Frederich, he suddenly realised what Freedom had done.

She had just impaled the man through the stomach with a piece of wood from the splintered chair. Frederich fell to his knees and a few seconds later, he fell flat, no more breath in his body.

"Yoshi..."Freedom whispered as she touched him with trembling hands, trying to stop the bleeding on his neck.

He gazed at her through blurry eyes, watching as two of her floated in front of his face. Frederich had cut him really deeply and he was not sure that he was going to make it.

"I love you," he whispered, clutching Freedom's hand as he felt her kissing the top of his head, her tears falling into his hair. "Do not trust my mother if anything happens to me, Freedom."

"Nothing is going to happen to you. I love you," she cried, cradling his head.

She had to stop the bleeding and the only way...she stood up, grabbed a piece of heavy cloth and rushed to the entertainment room, grabbing a hot poker from the fireplace before rushing back to Yoshi's side. He was drifting in and out of consciousness.

"I love you." She sat down and cradled his head again, exposing his neck. "I am sorry for what I am about to do."

With that, she placed the hot poker on the cut on his neck, burning the skin as it sizzled. Yoshi screamed and thrashed but she held him tightly, not wanting to hurt him more than she was right now.

She was cauterizing the wound, burning it so that it would close and stop his bleeding, hoping against hopes that the cut would close all the way without bleeding from inside. When she felt she had finished, she threw the poker away and placed a wet cloth over Yoshi's neck, tying it as he lay helplessly, his voice gone from screaming.

"I love you, Yoshi. I will marry you...we will run away. Just don't leave me. Please," she begged, trying to get him comfortable even though she knew he was hurting a lot.