Chapter Thirty: End Of Term

I sat with Ernie, Justin, Susan, and Hannah. They seemed relieved that Justin recovered and I caught Cedric glancing at me from down the table. Even George kept looking at me. For some reason, it was making me shy. My friends were also taking a further interest in each other. To my pleasant surprise, all the staff, even Filch and Professor Snape, were happy that the mandrake concoction unpetrified everyone. I looked up and saw Hermione coming in.

          She ran to Harry and Ron and they all hugged. I waved at them and everyone was cheerful. Draco and I kept smiling at each other, even after the announcement of Mr. Malfoy being fired as school governor. However, just as I was starting to miss Hagrid, he entered the Great Hall and it turns out that Errol mixed up the envelopes in the ministry. I chuckled and wondered if I was ever going to spend summer at the Burrow again.

          We all clapped loudly, except for Slytherin students, when Hagrid was reinstated at Hogwarts. Exams were also cancelled this year. The emotions were almost too much to handle. Almost. I ate my fill until I thought I would burst and we were all going back to Hogsmeade station. I was partially happy to leave behind the castle and the chamber in hopes to forget about it completely.

          "Will you sit with me, Sophie?" Draco asked as he took my hand.

          I laughed and noticed his hair wasn't styled, "I will. You know, I like your hair when it's long. You look older."

          "Oh? Do you like older boys?" he smirked.

          I kissed his cheek and boarded the train, "You're pathetic."

          "Stupid vampire," he blushed and we sat in our own cabin.

          "Stupid human," I stuck my tongue out at him.

          "Are you going back to the Burrow?" he asked and held my hand.

          "No. I'm going home. I'm really excited because I get to experience my one and only seance! I wish I could visit you but your father was really enraged with me," I said softly and looked at our hands.

          His other hand touched the ribbon on my neck, "Never mind him. One day, you'll be able to come to the manor. I swear. This is a nice look on you. I like when something is on your neck like this."

         I blushed and rested my head on his shoulder, "Thank you, Draco. Will you write to me over summer?"

          "Of course, darling," he said casually and blushed.

          I giggled, "I like that."

          "Shut it," he said softly.

         For the remainder of the train ride, we talked about our ideal future and dreams. We both wanted each other in our futures, though neither of us admitted anything further. He and I looked forward to our next year together because we could see each other everyday at Hogwarts. All I want is this moment to last forever because I don't want to leave his side.