Chapter Nine: Privet Drive

August 1, 1992: I felt two arms on top of my stomach when sunlight hit my eyes. My ears were filled with soft snoring and my hair tickled my skin when breathing caused it to move. Slowly opening my eyes, I stared at the ceiling for a moment before blushing head to toe. Fred and George had both rolled on their sides to face me and each had an arm holding me. George's arm was on my stomach and Fred's arm was on top of George's.What do I do?

           "Mm," George shifted and it made Fred stir.

          "Blimey," Fred yawned and dragged his arm off George's arm.

          "Hm? When did Soph get here?" George also yawned and took his arm off me.

          "Reckon after we slept. Ought to let her sleep. Oi, isn't she getting taller?" Fred mumbled sleepily.

          "Reckon so. When's her birthday?" George sat up.

          "Dunno. Ask Gin. Hey, more of her hair is black," Fred said softly and I felt him pull on some strands.

          "Y'know, her hair was all black when she came back from the alley. Reckon that's why," George said.

          "I reckon so. You alright? I've never seen you like that before," Fred said.

          "Hm," George stroked my cheek, "She's different. I dunno. I want to protect her. She reminds me of Gin is all. Blimey, she can tell the difference between you and I."

          Fred chuckled and I felt him getting up, "You're a bloody liar. C'mon, mate. Let's put our things away. For once, let's make breakfast. Mum's been working too hard again."

          George and Fred both carried their things upstairs and I sat up quickly. Pressing my hands against my cheeks, I was flustered. What did any of that mean? I fell back to the floor when I heard them coming downstairs. When they reached the bottom, I pretended to be waking up and rubbed my eyes.

          "Our little vampire has awakened," George said with a cheeky smirk.

          "I am not little," I forced a yawn, "and am I yours?"

          George blushed and cleared his throat, "Feisty, aren't you?"

          I stuck out my tongue and stretched as I sat up, "Maybe."

          "Like a minx," Fred thought out loud.

          I blushed, "A minx? How dare you."

          Fred smirked and assisted me to my feet, "On you go, little minx."

          I rolled my eyes and brought my things to my room while Fred brought up the last of their makeshift bed. When I went downstairs, I was pleasantly surprised to see them making breakfast for everyone. Calcifer leapt into the open window from outside to bring me an envelope. It was from Cedric.

          I sat at the table while the twins were making chocolate chip pancakes and opened my envelope. It wasn't my first letter from Cedric but I was still surprised to receive one when he wrote back. We usually talked about Quidditch but he seemed interested in me and the things I like. I always learn something new about him and so far, his birthday is on September 2nd, he likes snickerdoodle cookies, fall is his favorite season, and he's always wanted to go to the sea. My favorite cookies are simple chocolate chip, my birthday is August 18th, my favorite season is also fall, and I also want to go to the sea. When I sent Calcifer with my response, I realized Harry still hasn't responded. Ron came down and noticed my discomfort.