24 • No Way

Yuna who was skipping through the hallways to grab herself a drink, suddenly halt her footsteps as soon as she heard a faint thud that seemingly came from downstairs.

Curiosity arising, she swiftly made her way towards the stairs only to widen her eyes and release a wide gasp.

"Chaengie!!!"

She quickly made her way down to check on her wife, lifting the secretary's head to examine her condition.

The taller's heart began to thump at an abnormal rate from the nervousness, well her wife looked fine. But still, Yuna exaggerated and swiftly raised the shorter's body to lay on the nearby couch.

Then taking out her phone, the taller dialed their private doctor.

"Yes, Ms. Shin?" he spoke tiredly.

"Come here this instant!"

Hearing the yell that sounded so weak and miserable, the doctor didn't even question further and obeyed with an "Of course".

The moment that call ended, Yuna grew mad and pondered why such a rare thing happened to her wife. She wanted to curse the person who did this to the latter, well if there's one.

Which there is.

Though unknown to the girl, she promptly called her mother who thankfully picked up within seconds.

"Why are you calling this early in the morning, sweety?"

"Mom, can you... do me a little favor?"

The next day, Chaeryeong found herself stuck with her wife who had her arm locked to the latter's even to the point where she's having lunch with her best friends.

"So after passing out, you got so worried that you decided to just go wherever Chae goes the whole day?" Ryujin asked whilst slurping on her noodles.

Yuna rapidly nodded her head, "I'm not leaving her side today!"

Chaeryeong sighed, "I just overworked myself, I'm good now."

Ryujin chuckled, "Well, aren't you glad that you have someone worried about you?"

Yuna faced her wife with a pout, "Yeah! Aren't you?!"

The secretary sighed in defeat as she clasped her wife's hand under the table, giving it a soft squeeze.

"I am," she said lowly yet was enough for her wife to hear.

"Hey, guys- and boss...?"

Yuri suddenly appeared at their table with a confused expression as she took the seat next to Ryujin.

Glancing at the secretary, Yuri gave her best friend a certain look which sent signals. Chaeryeong noticed this and responded with a subtle nod.

"Right, I won't ask." Yuri cleared her throat, "Anyway! I have some gossip!"

Interested in the topic, Ryujin finished sipping on her broth and turned her head to face the girl.

"Yeah?"

Yuri nodded her head, "You know Mr. Jung?"

Ryujin hesitantly nodded her head, "That tycoon giant?"

Chaeryeong raised a brow, "How surprising that you know him."

"Hehe~" Ryujin patted her chest proudly, "I learned it from our economic class, I've been listening recently."

Yuri laughed, "Was it because of that girl?"

"Duh, who else? Ya think I'd study that diligently?"

"Thought so," Chaeryeong chortled.

Yuna tilted her head, "What about Jung?"

"Hmm."

Yuri looked around the surroundings before leaning in closer to the group and whispered.

"I heard his secretary was absent because he was found by the edge of a cliff with several broken bones! The weird thing about it is how there are no known suspects, so the investigators concluded that it was a suicide attempt."

"Nah!" Ryujin shook her head in disbelief, "That just sounds like it came out from a horror movie!"

"Woah, that sounds scary..." Yuna shuddered as she unlinked her arm to rub her shoulders, "I hope he's okay."

Yuri laid her back on the backrest, "I heard he's still alive, so I guess he's okay."

After hearing those words, Chaeryeong suddenly felt shivers under her spine. She wasn't sure why, but there was just this feeling that caused her to gaze at her wife and fall in deep thought.

...There's no way.

When her wife turned to look at the secretary, Yuna tilted her head once more.

"What's up?

Plucking up the courage, Chaeryeong took a deep breath to lean in closer to her wife's ear and whisper.

"Did you do something?"

The secretary asked, solely getting a smile and a kiss on the cheek as a response. Seemingly dodging her question that made the girl bite her tongue due to uneasiness.

What in the world did she do?!