1 • Alley Girl

It was weird but Chaeryeong suddenly found herself talking to this pretty girl in an alley. She certainly doesn't look homeless to be here.

Rather she looked like a daughter from a noble family.

But why?

Why did she call her?

"Hi!" the girl smiled at her.

"...Hello?"

"I'm hungry, would you mind giving me some of your tornado potatoes?"

The girl pointed at the paper bag Chaeryeong was holding, it was indeed steaming and its fragrance was lingering around their noses.

Chaeryeong began to analyze her situation, and it was odd.

Not being able to comprehend what was going on, she was rooted in place and solely gazed at the girl suspiciously.

The taller girl just smiled at her and took one step closer, causing Chaeryeong to flinch and back away in one step

She's weird.

The girl tilted her head, "Well?"

Wanting to get away from the situation as soon as possible, Chaeryeong ended up giving the girl one of her tornado potatoes.

"Thanks! I'll remember you!"

She took a bite of the potato before turning her back, then skipping her way further into the alley.

The alley didn't seem like it'd go somewhere, leaving Chaeryeong confused.

In the end, she shook her mind off of this and continued to walk her way towards the company she's walking in the first place.

Arriving inside the company, Chaeryeong was greeted by her long-time friend Jo Yuri.

The two immediately gave each other a short hug before proceeding to the upper floors to their designated work locations.

"Chae are you sure about this?" Yuri's voice traced a hint of worry as she sat down on her office chair.

"What do you mean sure? Of course, I am. Otherwise, I wouldn't have accepted it right?"

Yuri watched her friend pack the things she had on her desk into a box.

Today is the day Chaeryeong moves into her new office. This was a must since that new office is near the CEO for convenience.

"Rumors had it that the CEO was so harsh that her past secretaries couldn't take it anymore and left, I'm worried for your sake."

Yuri patted her friend's arm, giving her an assuring smile.

Chaeryeong returned the smile, "Thanks... but I'll be fine, if something goes wrong you'd be there to the rescue right?"

The shorter subtly nodded her head and focused back on her work. Chaeryeong on the other hand proceeded to neatly pack her things inside a box.

As soon as the girl was done packing her things, she waved her friend goodbye and made her way inside the elevator to the highest floor.

There she met the chairman who was talking to an ambassador.

The two met gazes. So instantly, Chaeryeong bowed at the man with utmost respect before continuing her footsteps towards her office.

"Lee Chaeryeong?"

The chairman's voice stopped the girl from stepping inside of her office.

Chaeryeong turned her back to face the voice and bowed at the man once again, "Yes sir?"

"The office probably told you already that your first day starts today, but I think you might start a little bit later."

The taller gave the girl a folder that contained the schedules and all of the works that needed to be done today, he later explained that the CEO tends to roam a lot outside the building and it's quite troublesome.

Chaeryeong quickly understood and nodded her head.

The chairman then bid his farewells, making his way back to work.

Finally, inside her office, Chaeryeong placed the box she was holding on the desk and dropped herself down on the sofa.

When she was just about to close her eyes and take a breather, the door to her office suddenly opened.

"Lee Chaeryeong!"

Chaeryeong swiftly landed her eyes on the figure that stood in front of the door.

The figure was familiar.

The smile it had was familiar.

Before she could even react, the tall figure had already approached her and stood in front of her.

"I'm Shin Yuna, nice to meet you!" The girl offered a handshake, "Thanks for the potato!" she displayed her pretty smile once again.

Chaeryeong narrowed her eyes and looked at the girl in shock, the situation was too weird for her.

It felt ominous.

Nonetheless, Chaeryeong grasped the situation calmly and shook the girl's hand.

"You are...?"

Yuna chuckled, "I'm your boss."