4 • Uneasy

"Stand outside and wait."

"The coffee's too bitter, make another one."

"Arrange these papers."

"Attend this meeting for me."

Tomorrow came in a flash and Chaeryeong wasn't liking it as request after request from her boss kept on coming.

The girl wasn't really joking when she said that she'll regret it.

Of course, she suffered a lot more worst and endured it without any hardships.

It is tiring though.

Nonetheless, the girl was still confused about why is she getting this particular treatment, and the fact that the most powerful person in this company loves her is just... weird.

"Wow, you really had it hard huh?"

Yuri patted her friend's back as she munches on her burger.

"I just don't get why would someone like me that much the first day."

Chaeryeong takes a big spoon of rice into her mouth.

Yuri chuckled at her friend and placed a burger steak onto the latter's plate.

"I mean you're pretty... a great dancer... have a soothing voice, like who wouldn't? Even I'd be whipped."

Not being able to take the compliments naturally, the secretary rolled her eyes and focused on eating her lunch.

When the two friends finally finished eating their lunches, a figure suddenly sat down across the two, panting.

"You two gotta help me!"

It was Ryujin, she displayed a panic expression and seemed to be out of breath. The girl was probably running, but from what?

The two friends looked at the short-haired girl confusingly.

"What is it this time?" Yuri chuckled.

"I don't know what to do!"

Ryujin presented the two girls with her phone screen that displayed a message from her crush, greeting her with a simple hello.

Chaeryeong stared at the screen for a moment before bursting out a peal of laughter, "What about this?"

"What should I do?!"

Yuri started to laugh along with her friend, "You weren't kidding when you said Ryujin could be dumb sometimes."

"I'm serious!"

The short-haired girl exclaimed, causing the two friends to laugh even harder.

When the two eventually calmed down, Chaeryeong stood up from the chair and ruffled her best friend's hair.

"Ryujin, just greet her back a hello... it's not that hard."

Yuri sipped on her drink, "Chae's right. Where's your confidence gone?"

"My stomach."

Chaeryeong could only chuckle at this and leave her best friend in Yuri's hands since she had another schedule coming to attend to.

The secretary wore her bag and walked towards the restaurant's exit.

The moment she stepped outside the facility, the girl suddenly felt a hard thud behind her neck.

Everything went black.