10 • Phone Call

Inside the bathroom, submerged in the tub, Chaeryeong had her eyes closed in relaxation.

Presently, she's at her and her sister's apartment. Today is Saturday, so whenever that time comes, Chaeryeong would always visit her sister.

Someone has to check on her right?

Falling into dreamland, Chaeryeong's phone suddenly dinged. At first, she ignored this and proceeded with her relaxed state.

Later it dinged again, not once... but a lot more than that, the girl couldn't even count how many dings it has been.

So she was forced to get out of the tub to dry her body and hair for a few minutes, then wrap a towel around her as she stepped outside of the bathroom to open her messages.

And as she expected, it was from her wife...

Chaeryeong raised a brow while reading the messages, her wife's being extreme again

Chaeryeong raised a brow while reading the messages, her wife's being extreme again. She just laughed at this and started to type a reply— though before she could press send a loud knock was heard behind her door.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Her sister opened the door and threw a small package onto her bed, Chaeyeon noticed her sister who's still wet with a towel wrapped around the latter.

Chaeyeon looked at her sister with peering eyes, "Put some clothes on first would ya? Last time you got sick!"

"Ah, yeah... I will."

"Do it now."

Chaeryeong rolled her eyes and placed her phone on the desk, she approached the closet and took off her towel to change into some comfortable clothes.

Chaeyeon snickered at her sister before leaving and closing the door.

DING... DING... DING-DING-DING!

While the girl puts on her chosen clothes, the phone began rampaging in the background which is making Chaeryeong worry a little.

Her wife can be a little scary when she's mad or impatient about something, and she'd like to avoid seeing that.

Thus, when she finished putting on her clothes, Chaeryeong swiftly grabbed her phone and opened her messages again.

Yikes, better reply now.

Chaeryeong dialed her wife's number—

"Chaengie!"

It hasn't been even a second, yet her wife already answered, this made the girl shudder and huff.

"Where are you? Are you still taking a bath? You're not cheating, right? Well, are you? I'd be fine with that if you didn't confess to me a week ago, but now you know I wouldn't hesitate to dirty my hands-"

"Yuna."

"Yes, my love?"

"I just got out of the bath, and I'm not cheating on you... you know that I love you."

"...Yeah."

"Really? Then how much is it?"

"Eh? Erm... um, the most in the world?"

"No."

"I knew it! You don't like me-"

"It's the best in the universe."

"Huh...You're being weird right now."

"Wait, no... the universe isn't enough, even the big bang wasn't explosive enough."

"..."

"Your voice is pleasant too, I want to drown my ears in it."

"That's creepy...! Just- Just come home quickly!!!"

DDDIIINNNGGG

As soon as the call ended, Chaeryeong laughed and allowed herself to drop her back onto the bed.

"Look who's talking."

KNOCK KNOCK

"Chae, did you drink wine while inside the bath again?!"

Chaeyeon opened the door, walked in front of her sister, then presented the empty wine bottle that the girl probably drank.

"Didn't I tell you to avoid drinking?"

"Whhaaat? Wine is perfect whenever one takes a warm bath, it adds vibe~"

"Of being drunk."

Chaeyeon sighed and placed the empty bottle on her sister's desk, she grabbed the pillow and playfully struck the girl.

Chaeryeong hissed, "Ouch?!" she glared.

"You can't drive back at this point, stupid."

"It's fine."

"You wanna go to jail?"

Chaeryeong could only groan and bury her face into a pillow, "No."

"Good." Chaeyeon chuckled whilst pulling out her phone, "I'm calling Yuna to come and fetch you... stay put."

"Of course..."