16 • Misunderstood

After the showcase, Yuna immediately excused herself from her best friend and made her way backstage to fetch her wife.

Chaeryeong was quick to notice the sound of the heels her wife was making, so this alerted her and turned her back to face the latter.

What confused her was how the taller looked like she's been wanting to punch something or someone(?) for quite some time, though Chaeryeong thought that it was probably from the showcase.

Therefore, shrugging it off and focused her attention on her wife.

The secretary was expecting the girl to hug her like usual, but no— Yuna abruptly grabbed her wrist only to be dragged outside of the venue.

The taller's grip was unusually tight, making the secretary's wrist bleed due to her wife's nail. Gradually digging itself into the latter's skin.

Unable to do anything, Chaeryeong took a deep breath. "Yuna... It hurts."

Hearing that particular phrase, Yuna instantly halt her steps turned her head to look at the shorter.

That's when she saw the wrist she held, bleeding.

Yuna immediately released her wife's hand, expression slowly turning into sorry and regret.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, I'm sorry!" she lowered her head.

Chaeryeong could only sigh and cup her wife's cheeks to turn its head to face hers, "What's wrong?"

Yuna averted her gaze, not wanting to utter a word. Somehow she thought that if she told the girl about her best friend, things won't go the way she likes them.

Noticing this gesture, the shorter pursed her lips and led her wife towards their parked car. She gently pushed the girl inside the front passenger seat which the latter thankfully didn't resist, then stepped inside the driver's seat.

"Yuna, I won't understand what's going on if you don't tell me anything."

Crossing her arms, Yuna frowned her lips. "You'll explain everything if I tell right?"

Chaeryeong furrowed her brows, "Explain what...?"

Yuna sighed, "Do you know someone named Choi Jisu?" she looked at her wife with full intent.

With that being mentioned, the shorter laid her head on her palm, left in deep thought. The name was familiar to her, yet she couldn't put her tongue around it.

The taller pouted, "That person's my best friend, and she mentioned that the two of you are childhood friends."

"Childhood friends-" Chaeryeong snapped her fingers in realization, "Ah...! You mean Julia?"

Yuna widened her eyes, "So you do know her!" she glared. "What's your relationship with her?!"

The taller's facial expression was faintly filled with rage, akin to a hawk that's ready to one-shot its prey.

Witnessing such an alerting aura, Chaeryeong swallowed her spit and calmed her wife down by casually fixing the latter's messy hair before planting a kiss on her forehead.

"The two of us went to preschool together in the states, that's when my family was financially stable... we're merely best friends."

"Is that all?"

"We had a platonic relationship." Chaeryeong tenderly pushed her wife's back to lay on the backrest, "And as much as I want to tell you everything as well ask a bunch of questions, let's put that aside... you need to rest."

Yuna finally softened her gaze and sighed, "But Chae-"

"I don't want you falling asleep like the last time and getting behind work, let's talk about it when we get home okie?"

Chaeryeong gripped on the steering wheel firmly with the other taking her wife's hand to clasp, that's when the taller gave in and solely nodded her head.

The shorter smiled, "Now get some rest." she kissed the back of her wife's hand. "We have a lot of things to do."

As Yuna nodded her head, promptly closing her eyes to take a nap. Chaeryeong started the engine and stepped on the accelerator to drive off.

"I feel like my life's about to turn a three-sixty..."