Chapter 35: I'm Sorry Master But I'm Not Coming Back

Start from the beginning

Anakin suddenly jumped up through the air using the Force and bravely pinned Ahsoka down onto a platform. "AHSOKA! LISTEN TO ME! I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, BELIEVE ME! I'VE BEEN THERE! IT WON'T FIX WHAT HAPPENED! JUST DON'T DO SOMETHING YOU'LL REGRET FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!" Ahsoka growled as she fought against his restraints. He didn't understand, no one did. Screaming, Ahsoka summoned her power and blasted Anakin off of her before flying upwards once more.

She turned to Barriss who was still snickering and being pulled away by the guards. "I'll be back for you." Ahsoka threatened before she took off into the late afternoon sky.

Anakin groaned as he rose from the ground with the help of Obi-wan. He shook his head to dispell any dizzyness before storming over to Barriss. "Tell me where that warehouse was." Barriss just shook her head but then he grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her some more. Hard. "TELL ME!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firefighters, ambulances, police cars and other emergency services were surrounding the food district of Coruscant. Mere minutes ago a huge explosion had gone off, causing serious casualties and a horrendous fire. Police were desperately looking for suspects and trying to keep the public back while the firefighters fought with vigor against the blaze, testing themselves to the limit to reduce the damage and rescue others. The ambulances and paramedics had arrived and immediately started to attend to the wounded or critically injured in the blast.

Ahsoka saw all this chaos and destruction from above in the sky, surrounded by smoke and the lighting from the emergency vehicles. Coruscant was in a state about two bombings happening within such a short space of time. Ahsoka knew that while those injured or dead were tragic, she was only here to find one person. Lux. Diving down, Ahsoka used her new powers to protect herself and subsequently those nearby from the inferno. The more dangerous the fire became, the closer she was to the nanodroids which meant that she was closer to Lux. She would find him, even if it was just a body. He deserved a proper goodbye. Unlike those losers caught in the hanger bay explosion that Master Yoda gave a touching tribute to at the funeral. Coughing slightly as the smoke stung her skin and made her eyes water, Ahsoka used the Force to push the fire back and almost collapsed as it revealed a charred, burnt and broken body. "Lux..." She cried, feeling all emotions but grief evaporate.

Cradling his body in her lap as the blaze surrounded them, Ahsoka vowed internal hatred for Barriss. How dare she! "Don't worry Luxy, you'll be fine." Ahsoka tried to reassure him although she'd yet to feel a pulse and he was surely at the very least unconscious. Ahsoka was just trying to convince herself most likely. Having found what she was looking for, Ahsoka's powers came to her aid once more as they flew off into the cleaner and clearer air.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahsoka brought him not to a hospital but to a rooftop. She doubted what good the doctors could do for him in this state so she would try to heal him to a recoverable degree. This rooftop was of the building they had gone to that fateful night. Ahsoka realised now that she had nothing to hide from the Jedi anymore as she was expelled. Subconsciously, she brought her hand to her lips and then her stomach before cuddling Lux's body once more. Without the darkened light of a collapsing burning building, Ahsoka could now easily assess the damage. His hair had all but burnt to a crisp, so she kissed his hairline. A scar ran across his cheek which Ahsoka immediately identified as caused by a lightsaber. She realised now that the sound she had heard from her comnlink in the prison of someone in a lot of pain was Lux. Barriss was a crazy person to think it would be funny for Ahsoka to hear that. His arms and hands and cuts, burns and bruises that were also inflicted by Barriss. Force Ahsoka hated her.