Ch 24 - Littlest Dutton

stellarosedutton co author

Kayce's POV
Coming back from a morning ride with my dad I hear my wife hollering out my home. She comes running out of the house in ripped jeans and one of my shirts quickly thrown on. "Kayce, we got it!" She cheers as I dismount my horse fixing my black hat, seeing the pregnancy test in her hands. I suddenly picked her up twirling around in laughter. Finally sitting her back on the ground I cup her face in my hands grinning brightly. "I love you, Y/n Dutton." She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me. I kissed her back slowly, our foreheads resting against each other. "I love you, Kayce Dutton." Dad dismounts his horse tipping his hat up with a grin masking his face. "And here I was thinking four grandkids was enough. Congratulations to you two." Y/n tilts her head to the side moving my shirt and revealing the brand staring into my eyes. "I think it's time for this, don't ya think?" She questioned as I looked at my dad. Years ago if she'd asked me to get the brand I'd say she was crazy. But seeing her now I know she's all in, forever. "I'll go anywhere with you, my wife and best friend."

Y/N's POV
Y/N was standing there, her chest exposed as she saw Dad heating up the branding iron as he looked at us both before he pulled her shirt down and pressed the brand into her skin as she gripped my hand tightly to hold back her screams, biting her lip as she looked over at Kayce and smiled softly "Me and you forever baby, just like we always knew it would be. You're mama would be proud of us both for the trials and tribulations that we have endured. We have two beautiful babies, and another on the way. I hope it's a little girl, because i already have a name picked for her and i think that you will like it" She says, putting the burn cream on her new brand as she felt dad place a bandage on it as she grinned "I promise to put the ranch first, and i promise to remain loyal John. My family is here, and that means protecting them no matter what happens" She says, her hand resting on her stomach as she laid her head on Kayce's shoulder as she watched Tate and Evie run around with the two year old twins Lane and Malia as she saw Rip and Beth watching as the kids played together "home sweet home, and i am glad that i fell for you Kayce Dutton''

Kayce's POV
Watching her get the brand was a little tough bringing up my memories of getting it myself. But seeing her be tough enough through it makes me proud. Mom would be happy to see this family happy again. Tate grabs a hat from the barn getting on his horse with Evie riding in front of him on his pony. The two of them looked like they were always born to do this. They'll be the legacy of this ranch. Dad sits down by the fire as we all eat some dinner. The twins are asleep in my sister's arms wrapped in blankets. Rip had made some fried bread for everyone to enjoy. "Now don't you two go fighting over this and delivering another baby like last time." Dad jokes pointing his fork at me and my wife. Y/n snorts, laying her head on my chest snuggling in for warmth. "I don't think that'll happen this time dad. Well delivering a baby at least." I released a chuckle grinning before we saw a car driving up on the road. The car door closed and I saw Jamie walking towards us placing a cowboy hat on his head. "Can I - uh join?" He nervously asked, rubbing the back of his neck. Glancing to my sister she clutched her jaw for a minute speaking up. "I guess you deserve a moment here considering you beat Walker's ass in court." He pulls up a seat before little Evie gives him a hug as does Tate. "Uncle Jamie." He smiled ruffling their hair letting them go play. "Hi kiddos, go on have fun." I pat him on the back grinning at my brother.

Jamie's POV
Jamie smiled and looked at the kids, watching as they played together as he talked with Kayce and Y/N "I hope you guys don't have any hate for me. I know Beth does, but she has every right to." He says softly, running a hand through his hair while he sat there with his sister in law and his brother who were sitting there with each other

John's POV
Jamie hope's that they won't be mad at him. But I still have to earn back my trust with him. That'll be something we work towards. Tipping my black hat up I clear my throat and everyone looks in my direction ending their conversations. "Dad?" Jamie asked, slowly rising from his seat while I did the same. Taking a few steps closer to him I don't break eye contact with him. "I haven't completely forgiven you for what you did. But I'm willing to fix our relationship, son. I don't regret one sin I've committed in my life. This is my home, here with every single one of you..." Pulling my hands out of my pockets I take a breath looking at my kids, daughter and son in law, finally all my grandkids with one on the way. "I made a promise to my father before he died. This is my home. Protect it, care for it and love it. Me and this family can't break it. It includes you, son." Breaking the distance between us I hugged him and he slowly hugged me back sniffing in tears. "Thank you, thank you dad." Y/n starts wiping away tears that keep coming chuckling. "Dang pregnancy hormones." Everyone laughed at her statement eating Rip's fried bread while sitting under the stars.

Y/N's POV
Y/N smiled at her family, feeling a kick as she stood up as she held Kayce's hand as the twins ran to the main house while she was going to the cabin with Kayce "baby, can you believe that we are gonna be parents again. I'm excited, and this baby to come out because I'm tired of being so damn emotional and exhausted" She says softly, kissing his lips softly as she held his hand

Kayce's POV
Y/n death grips my hand again screaming through the labor of our child. We'd been at the hospital for over 24 hours dealing with this labor. Luckily the doctor said everything with this baby was fine so no need for a C - section. After one last hard push she throws her head back on the pillow extremely tired. Leaning over I brush her hair from her eyes feeling sweat on her forehead when I give her kisses. The nurse places our baby in her lap for us to see it was a girl. For this pregnancy we wanted it to be a surprise about what the gender would be. But now we're staring down at another little girl. "Kayce, she's so precious." She breathed out yawning after being awake so long for her birth. Looking down at my wife I sniffed in tears asking her. "So what should we name her?" Y/n gazes into my eyes and we say in unison. "Elizabeth Chloe Dutton." We both chuckled with bright smiles as the door opened and our other two kids climbed into the bed with their mother. Evelyn tickled her sister's belly, making her giggle. "If her name is Elizabeth can we call her Lizzy?" Tate asked, looking hopeful up at us to which we both nod in agreement.

Y/N's POV
Y/N smiled at her, kissing her head as she held Eilzabeth close to her as she looked at the little girl who was sleeping in her mother's arms as Y/N yawned softly and rubbed her eyes to see Beth and my dad standing there as she handed Elizabeth to my dad as she fell asleep in the hospital bed because she was exhausted from giving birth to our daughter who was currently snuggled up in her grandfather's arms fast asleep as she rested for the first time in a while since she got to the hospital.

John's POV
Another grandchild. I have another one. I can't believe I was ever worried that the legacy of the ranch would end after me. My youngest and Y/n proved me completely wrong. Baby Elizabeth is sound asleep in my arms. Her mother and father slept from her long birth. Rip and Beth were in the lobby tending to their twins Y/n blessed them with. Tate and Evelyn are playing with some toys on the floor at my feet. Little Lizzy has both her mother's features and her father's, so there's no doubt she's Kayce's. Rip took Walker to the train station and we haven't had any legal problems since then. Jamie is starting to be forgiven but it'll take time. Looking over at my youngest son and daughter in law I grinned seeing them wrapped in each other arms, smiles on their sleeping faces. My wife was right all along that the future of the Yellowstone Dutton ranch couldn't be in any other hands but there's. Kayce and Y/n were designed to run it and fall in love.

Author note
Thank you to everyone who has read this book. It was a lot of fun to write. This is our final chapter of Falling for my Bestie :)