Ch 4 - Telling John

stellarosedutton co - author

Kayce's POV 
Y/n has been an emotional wreck for awhile over this baby and I don't blame her. The father's been there up until he ends up in prison. How are you supposed to react in a situation like this? It has been 4 months since I returned home from being deployed. Since Y/n and I reunited. Y/n yawns from the bed seeing me up fully dressed before daylight. "Kayce, what time is it?" I sit on the edge of the bed seeing her eyes locked on mine. "I think we should tell my dad today, if you're up for it." She slowly nods up from the covers grabbing her jeans, slipping them on with her cowgirl hat. 

We've been weighing the facts of telling my father. Y/n doesn't wear the brand like me so she doesn't have the loyal protection of the ranch. I just hope that it doesn't come to that. Following Y/n down the stairs we both stopped seeing my father standing near the kitchen Island with a beer in his hands. "If you two don't think I don't know what happens on my ranch you must think I'm stupid." Nothing gets past him. Tilting my head down I see Y/n looking at me, her right hand intertwined with mine. Looking at my dad I slowly stepped forward pulling her with me. "She's pregnant. Pregnant with someone's child who is in prison." 

"I wasn't fucking expecting that right before Christmas." He curses taking a huge sip of his beer. Y/n moves to lay her head on my chest and I feel her shaking in fear. "Mr. Dutton I understand if you want me to leave-" My father cuts her off fixing his hat. "I'd never kick you from my home, Y/n. You've been attached to his hip since you were nine years old. So wherever he goes I know you will too." Dropping my shoulders in relief I feel Y/n hug my side happily and I plant a kiss on her hair. I'll always keep her by my side. This child will have a father figure, that's a promise. 

Y/N’s POV
She looked at Kayce, gripping his hand as she had started showing over the few months as she grinned happily “come on Kayce, let’s go for a walk. Maybe we can sit down in the field for a while, and you can guess that baby’s gender” She says softly, placing his hat on her head as she grabbed a couple waters, putting them in her bag as she offered me a water because she knew that we would be walking a while as she hummed softly before nodding to my dad.

“Thank you Mr.Dutton, I am sure that Kayce is going to drag me to dinner tonight. Hopefully that is alright with you” She says softly, her hair flowing evenly behind the hat as she would stick by Kayce’s side no matter what, she was his best friend and had been since they were younger and inseparable. Y/N would practically say that they had been attached at the hip since the day that Kayce played hide and seek with her at 9 years old.

Comment and vote :)