Ch 8 - Ranch Home

stellarosedutton co - author

Y/N’s POV
Y/N sat on the bed, packing her bags because the doctor had discharged her and told her that she could take Tate home today as she thanked the doctor while she dressed Tate in the onesie that Kayce bought her before she called Kayce “Hey Kayce, they said me and Tate are free to come home.” She says, talking on the phone as she buckled Tate in his carseat with his blanket and pacifier as she had prepared the diaper bag before she was leaving the hospital as she waited patiently for Kayce to come in the room as she started getting dressed for the trip home to the ranch with Kayce and their son Tate, who surprisingly slept easy in the new camouflage car seat that Rip and Beth had bought them for the baby shower gifts as she hummed softly “you’re daddy is coming to take you and mama home, i can’t wait for you to meet your aunt and your uncles. They sure are gonna love spoiling you little one” She says, standing up once Kayce gets there as she holds Tate’s car seat on her arm “you ready to take our little one home, and get him settled in the house Kayce?” She says softly, looking at her son who was sleeping soundly in the car seat as she puts it in the truck and buckles it in securely as she climbed into the truck’s front seat as the baby was sleeping and buckled into the backseat safely. 

Kayce’s POV
Kayce helped her into the truck, buckling his seatbelt as he glanced back at their son in the rearview mirror who was sleeping as he pulled out of the parking lot after he had loaded all of her belongings and the babies things as he pulled into the ranch gate as he parked carefully as he didn’t want to wake the baby as he looked at Y/N who was sound asleep in the front seat as he carried her inside and laid her in bed before going back out and getting Tate as well as the things that Y/N had packed before leaving the hospital with their son as he was gonna be a good father and make sure that Y/N was happy because he did plan on asking her for her hand in marriage when he felt the time was right and it was most important to time it and execute the plan perfectly as he grins to himself. 

A couple days later I woke up early like normal seeing Y/n's side of the bed empty so I threw on a shirt and jeans looking for her. Not finding her anywhere in the house I head for the barn hearing her baby talking to Tate. Leaning in the doorway of the barn she's brushing a horse holding Tate in her other arm. "The doctor said you should be resting. You're on maternity leave after all." Y/n playfully rolled her eyes. "Maternity implies I have a job Kayce. I don't think your dad will hire me until I can ride a horse again." Shaking my head I walk to her brushing hair from her eyes smiling. I know I love her but I feel like we at least need to have a first date before I plan the proposal. 

Beth's POV
Exiting the kitchen with a bottle of alcohol I watch Kayce head for the barn which makes me curious to follow. Rip didn't really talk about how the two best friends have been. Thanks to Jaime I can't know the joy Y/n does. I just hope I can be a good aunt to Tate. Getting to hold him and watch my brother care for his bestie made me happy. This place is all messed up after my mother's death. Somehow through it all Y/n makes Kayce not get sucked in the darkness. "So it's a date then tonight at 6?" I heard my brother asking. Peaking in the barn I see the pair both slightly blushing at one another. "Yeah cowboy it's a date. I'm positive John won't mind watching his grandson." She chuckled with a bright smile. She's just what this family needed.

Comments welcome :)