Ch 7 - Baby Born

stellarosedutton co - author

Kayce's POV 
"Fuck Kayce!" Y/n screams clutching my hand in hers. Today is the day we've been waiting for, the baby's birth. Beth is standing on the other side holding her other hand. My dad's in the waiting room most likely hearing her screams. I'm slightly concerned she'll either break my hand or blow out my eardrums. Finally after several long hours of her cries the nurse entered with a blue baby blanket wrapped around the infant. Y/n holds the baby boy to her chest letting happy tears fall down her face. Looking over to my sister I see her crying too trying to act all tough. "Oh Kayce.." Y/n giggles as I feel tears on my cheeks. I wipe them away but more come because I've been with her through everything, so it feels like my child in her arms. 

Brushing back her hair for her I whispered, staring at the sleeping boy. "Y/n I uh - have a name if you don't have one." She glances up at me waiting for my answer. "I was thinking of Tate." A huge grin meets her face and she nods her head yes. "Hi, Tate. It's your mama." She whispers in a baby voice before handing her son over to Beth to hold for a few minutes. Y/n lays her head on me as I plant a kiss to her forehead whispering into her hair as she's fighting sleep. "I love you." I pull up a chair laying my head on her bed to watch her sleep. Tate was given to the nurse so Y/n could sleep. "I love you Kayce…" She mumbled in her sleep before my eyes drifted closed. 

Y/N's POV
Y/N woke up later, hearing Tate fuss as she picked him up and grabbed his nursing blanket as she placed it over her son as she removed her gown to reveal her breast as she undid her bra strap and guided her breast to his mouth to help him latch as she held the little boy while watching Kayce sleep "sleep well handsome, we are going to be up with this little boy of ours." She says, hearing Tate's soft snores as she adjusted herself and buttoned her robe as she burped her son before looking up and seeing John standing there as she held her son in her arms as he slept soundly "H-Hi John, come meet your grandson Tate. He's sleeping but I'm sure that he will sleep when you hold him. Beth has held him already, but Kayce wants to hold him when he wakes up. He was helpful through the whole thing" She says softly, still exhausted from giving birth. 

John's POV
Standing in the doorway of Y/n's hospital room I see her holding the baby boy after his feeding. Kayce had gone to get some food with Beth asking if I would watch her. Slowly I entered the room taking a seat in the chair pulled up at her bedside, she gently hands him over wincing a little trying to get comfortable in her hospital bed once more. "Hey my little grandson." I whispered, holding Tate in my arms. Kayce said he is genetically not his but in fact Walker's. Yet it doesn't matter to me if he's willing to raise him then he has the right to say he's his son. Shifting my gaze up I see Y/n snuggled up under the covers holding Kayce's black hat in her hands. 

Evelyn always said the two would end up together in the long run. I wish I could tell her now I see it too. Being a grandfather means I get to be better than I was to my children. The door quietly opened for me to see my son enter smiling at seeing Tate in my arms. "Hey dad, sorry to say this but Rip called something about fighting on the ranch." I tip my hat back groaning in frustration getting to my feet careful to not wake my grandson. "Have you held him yet?" He shakes his head no before I hand him over to my son. Kayce chuckles holding Tate in his arms and it warms my heart seeing him happy. "You're gonna marry her aren't you?" I asked, putting my hands in my jacket pockets. He stares longingly at a still sleeping Y/n. "I love her dad. I think little Tate was meant to bring us together, as more than best friends." 

Comments welcome :)