Ch 10 - Cowboy Party

stellarosedutton co - author

Y/N's POV
Y/N got Tate dressed for the day, it was his birthday and the first day that Y/N would be getting back on a horse as she walked to the barn as she saddled her horse "alright little man, let's go and see what your daddy is up to" She says, sitting him in the saddle as she climbed up behind him and held onto the saddle horn as she held Tate close to her as she nudged her horse and headed to where Kayce was as she smiled when she saw him on a horse as she texted Kayce "hi handsome, why don't you bring that horse. I'm taking Tate for a ride, gonna go visit your mama so why don't we go and take Tate." She sends the text to him because she knew that he would wanna visit his mama.

Kayce's POV
Kayce smiled and replied "alright, want me to bring dad too. You know that he loves Tate, and I'm sure that he would love to spoil his grandbaby" He sends the text, opening the gate as he rides over to Y/N and Tate as he smiled "alright let's go see mama, introduce her to her grandson. Mama would be happy if she saw us together, she always said that we would be close and stay that way. She is right. I love you y/n l/n, more than you know" He says softly, grinning at her happily before scooping Tate up and placing him on his horse as Kayce grinned happily because he had been there for every milestone, and birthday but he wanted to make Tate's 3rd birthday special so he had been planning something for the little boy as he glanced over at Y/N and smiled sweetly at her.

We couldn't find my dad in the house so the three of us rode out to the fields to see mom. Long and behold my dad was leaning up against the fence already there talking to her about her grandchild. Dismounting my horse I pick Tate up off Y/n's horse watching her get down slowly since it's been awhile since she last rode a horse. "I should've known you'd come here to tell her about us." I chuckled, holding Tate in my arms still. Y/n rests her arms on the fence talking like my mother can hear her. "You were right all along, Mrs. Dutton. Kayce and I are together." The wind blows her hair in the sunrise over the mountains as I lean over to dad whispering low so she doesn't hear. "Do you have her ring, dad?" He nods, tapping his coat pocket smiling at Tate. "Come here little grandson." He picks Tate up who plays with my dad's hat on his head babbling something I can't quite understand.

Heading back to the ranch we see Rip and the others heading off to work. Walker waits on his horse until Rip calls his name. Beth comes out of the house hands on her hips and she complains about Jamie. "I called your backstabbing son, daddy." He plants a kiss to her forehead as Y/n holds Tate now. Suddenly Jimmy's horse bursts out of the barn and he freaks out. "Guys something's making my horse go crazy." I released a laugh seeing him riding out wild to catch up with the others. "What the heck was that about?" Beth asked, catching a smirk on my face. All of us head for the barn. Pressing the door open my sister and dad gasped at the animal before them. A light brown little pony is standing in the middle of the barn. "How on earth did a pony get here. I deal with all the finances for the ranch?" Beth runs a hand through her hair as Tate throws his hands out giggling. "Horsie!" Y/n grins up at John and Beth, matching my expression. "Surprise, it's for Tate. When he's old enough to ride." John chuckles ruffling Tate's hair.

John's POV
John smiled and watched his son, knowing that Kayce had planned on proposing to Y/N as he held Tate "go on, i've got him. Go get your woman son, gods know that you've been after that sweet girl for years. She probably feels the same way, now go and have fun. " He says, holding Tate as he tickled his grandson's sides while he watched as his son runs to find Y/N since he had already given his son the ring since he had asked before they surprised their son with his very own pony which would be all his whenever he was old enough to ride and be able to hold himself on the horse as he saw Beth "you're brother is gonna try and ruin this for Kayce. Do not let him, please Beth" He says, running a hand through his hair as he places his hat on his head "I mean it, Jamie is a backstabber and doesn't care who's feelings he is hurting so please keep an eye out and make sure that nothing happens." He says softly, looking at his daughter who had been loyal to the ranch for years but Jamie had betrayed them and he wanted nothing to do with the male.

Y/n's POV
Kayce leads me into the barn hearing Tate's pony eating food in its stall. Being in this barn brings back a lot of memories for the both of us. He fiddled with his black dusty hat clearing his throat making me turn towards him. I'm slightly shorter than him, making me look up into his brown eyes. "Y/n, we've been on each other's tail since you were 6 and I was 8 years old. Both our parents said we'd end up together and I don't typically believe in destiny...but I think it's destined for us. Two wild spirits becoming one." He slowly bends down on one knee before me, revealing a certain ring I'd seen at a very young age. "Kayce, is that your mother's?" He slowly nods, catching tears falling down his cheeks that he wiped away. "I love you, I love you Y/n L/n. At some point every time I'd get your letters I felt my heart beating faster and a huge grin on my face. I love little Tate and I'm damn sure I love you. So will you marry me, will you officially become a Dutton?"

Y/N smiled and looked at Kayce, nodding "i'd be a fool if i say no, so yes i'll marry you and become a dutton but on one condition baby" She says softly, her hand resting on his cheek as she pulled him down and kisses his lips softly "you promise to kiss me for the rest of my life because i plan on kissing you for the rest of mine" She says, taking his felt black hat as she placed it on her head and watched him as she pulled back to take a breath as she scooped Tate up and looked at Kayce "now how about we take little man out for a celebratory dinner. Just us, and our baby" She says, running a hand through his hair as she ruffled it playfully as she looked at him "you gotta put the ring on my finger, and then when we have the wedding. We will officially be Mr and Mrs. Dutton. Can you believe that, I will be a dutton and married to the boy that I went after for so many years. We have a baby and I'm engaged to the one that I've liked for so long. Also, do you want a spring or winter wedding? " She says, her hair falling in her face as she kissed his lips again gently and softly as she heard Tate squeal in protest "you know i have to kiss him, he's too handsome not to."

They are officially engaged!!

Comments welcome :)