"Honestly... I'm not really ready to talk about that, yet.  I don't want a reminder of something great being taken away from me... you know?"

"I get it.  Whenever you're ready to share, I'll be there to listen."

Veronica thanks her with a side-hug.  She loves how her best friend is always so supportive. 

The song changes, and Monty and Russ catch their breaths before walking up to the booth. 

"Y'all showing y'all ages with them old dance moves," Veronica tells them.

"This is coming from someone who dances like she's on TikTok," Russ fires back.

They all laugh at Russ' comeback as Sam approaches them with two drinks in his hands. 

"Don't do me, like that."

Sam hands one drink to Veronica and the other to Yemi.

"Baby, come dance with me."  Yemi takes his hand and leads him to the dance floor.

"Imma go to the bathroom.  Y'all gon' be here when I come back?" Veronica asks everyone else.

"Imma be at the bar, taking advantage of the free drinks," Monty responds.

"Yo... those drinks don't have nothin' on the food, though.  Did you see that shit?" Russ adds.

"Hell yeah, I did.  These folks are rich, rich."  Monty then turns his attention to Kayveon.  "Yo... I appreciate you letting us come here, G."

"No problem," Kayveon responds, chuckling.

"I can't take y'all anywhere," Veronica adds, laughing before quickly drinking her alcoholic beverage.  "I'll be back."  She smiles at Kayveon before making her way to the bathroom.

*

5 MINUTES LATER

Veronica's POV

I think I'm starting to feel that drink, already.

Hmm... hmmm... hmmm. 

I like how they have everything automatic in here.  Don't have to touch shit -- I gotta do the same for the salon.  Imma look into it, tomorrow.  Oh, wait a minute... Is tomorrow here already?  It might be my birthday already.  Let me dry my hands and get outta this damn bathroom.  I got some ass to shake.

Ayyyeee!  -Oh shit.  Alright girl, do not bust your ass in these heels.  

Okay, I made it to the door with my paper towel still in hand... Get it girl.  Haha.  Wait... I'm surprised they don't have a trash can outside of the bathroom.  Where am I supposed to throw this?  I know I'm not the only one that uses a paper towel to open the damn door.

"V!"

Who is that?  "Oh, hey."  I cannot believe he is still so fine.  And that beard!  I wonder how it would feel sitting on it.

"You alright?"

"Huh?"

"Looks like you zoned out for a second.  You good?"

"Oh yeah.  I'm great.  But what are you doing away from the booth?  Is someone DJing for you?"

"I have it on preset.  I'm good for about 8 minutes.  I just wanted to get a little time to talk to you without everyone around."

Damn, look at those lips.

"V?  Did you hear me?"

"Yes, I heard you.  That's so sweet of you. But I have a question."