Chapter 2

Veronica's POV

I said my face bomb, ass tight. Racks stack up-Shaq height. Jewelry on me, flashlight. I been lit since last night. Hit him with that good-good. Make a fucker act right. Broke boys don't deserve no pussy. I know that's right! Ayeeee. This is my shit.

Looking over at Darrell driving, I wonder if he can even put it down good enough. Maybe that's the real reason he doesn't want to have sex. His dick is probably trash. Wait...why is he turning the music down?

"What are you over there thinking about?" He asks me, as he sits there steering that wheel all sexy like. I take back what I said. Look at him. There's no way he could be trash.

"Nothing."

"I don't believe that."

"Okay." I'm not wasting my time on this.

He chuckles. "Six months from now, I'm gonna clown you for how hard you were trying to keep this wall up. Did you forget I already got a glimpse of you before I told you I wouldn't have sex?"

"Are we almost there?"

He chuckles again as we pull up into an empty parking lot. "We're here. Now, answer my question," he says with the sexiest demanding voice that could easily give someone's pussy a heartbeat.

He parks right in front of a spa. "This looks closed."

"It is. We have the place to ourselves."

"Word?" That's actually impressive.

"I told you I was going to treat you like royalty."

I catch myself smiling, so I start to get out of the car.

"Let me get the door for you."

"No, I got it." I open the door and hop out. I look back, catching the disapproval on his face.

"Don't do that," he says with a serious tone, staring at me from the time he gets out of the car all the way until he walks up to me. He is so damn fine.

"It's not that serious," I tell him, walking away towards the entrance of the spa. Maybe I'm pushing it with me being dismissive, but I really don't want him doing anything for me. He may be a good catch, but I'm serious when I say I don't want a relationship. Shit, I don't even want a friendship with anyone. It took all I had not to cut off Yemi when she was being mad distant with me after New Year's Eve. My sensitive thug ass can't take anyone else doing that type of shit to me.

Someone opens the door for us and I walk in, seeing two women waiting by the front desk holding up two glasses of cucumber water. "Happy Valentine's Day," they both say to us, smiling a little too hard for my liking.

I tell them "hi", and Darrell shakes their hands, thanking them for giving us the VIP treatment. The lady who opened the door is now behind the front desk, grinning just as hard as them. Darrell must've paid 'em a lot for them to be this damn happy.

"So are you two ready for your couple's massage?"

"Couple's massage?!" Darrell is doing too much.

The Cheshire Cats stop smiling at the tone of my voice. I look over at Darrell who has a smirk growing on his face.

"You know good and well my horny ass cannot be naked in the same room with you."

The ladies snicker and Darrell shakes his head in amusement. But I'm dead ass serious, yo.

"We're going to have towels around us, and I'm not going to come in until after you're already on the massage table," he tells me.

"Nope. Put us in separate rooms, please," I quickly tell the ladies.