A Beautiful Start to a Lifelong Love Letter

He leaned in and kissed me, a little chaste kiss as we both broke down sobbing. I tilted my chin up to kiss him on the forehead before he leaned back on his heels, holding his left hand out. I dropped the box as I pulled the ring out and slipped it around his ring finger. My heart was racing so fast, I couldn't believe it was finally all happening. After it was all the way on, I pulled his hand up to my lips, kissing it.

"Is-is this actually happening?" he stammered out in a whisper. I laughed a little through my blurry eyes, only able to nod before leaning up on my knees and pulling him to me, kissing him deeply. I didn't even care that we were in the middle of the sidewalk, out in full view of the public. This man, this perfect, beautiful man, said yes. He said yes to me, to us, to the rest of our lives together, even after all the shit we've been through and the pain that I've caused.

When we finally pulled away and we wrapped each other in a tight embrace, I realized that the car I'd ordered had quietly pulled up just little ways up the street. I held onto him a little bit longer before slowly pulling back. I cupped his cheek with my hand as I pressed my forehead to his. "C'mon, let's get outta here." I said with the biggest grin that he matched as he nodded. As we helped each other up, the driver got out and opened the car for us. Iwa slid in first and I followed, immediately leaning over him and kissing him again.

I knew there was no way I'd be able to keep my hands off him at that point and it appeared that the feeling was mutual as he grabbed my hips and pulled me on top of him, pulling me in tight. I knew it wasn't far to the hotel and it seemed like we were there in an instant, but I think it was because we were so wrapped up in each other that we just didn't notice. The driver was kind enough to gently clear his throat, getting our attention, before letting us know that we'd arrived. We straightened ourselves out before he opened the door for us, nodding a little with a small smile as we got out.

We went in and walked up to the desk to check in. "Mr. Oikawa, we have you in the presidential suite for the evening. Is there anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable for you?" the young woman behind the desk asked. "Wait, presidential suite? That's not what I booked." I said quietly, hoping Iwa couldn't hear. I didn't even want to know how much one night in that suite, at the Waldorf-Astoria, in LA would cost. "Oh, no, it was booked and paid for by a Mr.Tatsuka." she said replied, reading the info off her computer screen.

I had to smile. That ridiculous jerk. I just nodded to her and said, "No, I think we'll be ok, thank you." She smiled and handed me the key card and I made my way back to Iwa who was casually leaning against the arm of one of the couches in the lobby. I could see him staring down at his hand, moving his ring finger back and forth a little, trying not to make it obvious that he was staring at his ring. He's so cute.

He stood up as he saw me approach, trying hard to hide the smirk on his face as he looked up at me. I smiled back as I reached out and gently took his left hand in mine and squeezed before we started walking to the elevator together. We got out on our floor and the bellhop showed us to a set of massive double doors at the end of the hall that bore a small plaque next to them that said "Presidential Suite". Iwa looked over at me, wide-eyed and I just winked at him before we walked in. The room was a palace. It was massive, like two floors, private infinity pool on the balcony, we could get lost in it, massive.

There was a table in the entryway that had a bottle of Dom Perignon chilling on ice and an assortment of fruits and chocolates and other random little accoutrements, along with a card that sat in front of the two champagne flutes.

Let me be the very first to congratulate you two on your engagement!

I hope you don't mind that I took the opportunity to upgrade your accommodations and leave a few congratulatory gifts for you. This evening is on me, so whatever you want, feel free to order or request. Here's to many happy years to come for the both of you!