...With Monsters Much Bigger Than I Control

*********************************

TW: Implied Sexual Violence

 and non-consensual contact

Please proceed with caution

*********************************

I pulled the window shade shut as the plane left Okinawa behind us. Nothing had gone as planned, but it was still a beautiful little trip with my Iwa. As we were waiting for the flight home, we got notice that our baggage had finally arrived-at Iwa's apartment in Tokyo. I couldn't wait to get back and at the same time didn't want to leave, because that meant leaving Iwa again. I leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes as he wrapped his pinky finger over mine between the seats where no one could see.

It was kind of nice having Hitori around, but at the same time, he was more conspicuous than Iwa or I really cared for. Had he been just average size with average looks, it wouldn't have been an issue, but the man literally drew paparazzi wherever he went. As he drove us home from the airport, I was trying to draw up a new plan on how I was going pop the question to Iwa and when. I could just do it that night, at his apartment, but I wanted it to be unforgettable. I wanted to show him just how much it would mean to me to get to be his husband for the rest of my life.

As much as I did actually like Hitori (he was really very funny, a ringer at card games, and best of all, knew how to take a hint) when he got off the elevator for his floor, I leaned into Iwa and kissed him on the cheek, happy to finally be truly alone with him. We got off the elevator and saw our suitcases sitting in front of Iwa's door. We both just kind of looked at each other and laughed as we walked down the hall. We dragged them in behind us, leaving them in the entry way as we took off our shoes, both of us just drained from the travelling.

As I walked to the couch, my phone pinged. It was a text from an unknown number. All it said was: 'Your baggage has been returned. Please confirm that you received it by replying 'YES' to this message.' I thought it was a little weird considering I'd already received an email saying the bags had been sent to this address, but then maybe it was just the airline covering their asses to prevent them from further possible legal action for theft or something. I replied 'YES' and didn't give it a second thought as I flopped down on the couch, laying my head on Iwa's lap.

We spent the next day doing absolutely nothing; we didn't even leave the apartment. My flight was scheduled for that evening, so it was nice to take the time just being us until I had to go. Hitori met us in the parking garage to drive us back to the airport. "Boss said he texted you but you didn't answer." He said to me as I was putting my suitcase in the trunk. I pulled out my phone but there were no new notifications. "Huh. I never got it." I said, sliding it back in my pocket. "I'll call him on the way." He said looking at his watch and climbing in the driver's seat.

Masashi wished me safe travels and told me that he'd continue to have his men in place until things got resolved between the families. "Oh, by the way," he added just before Hitori hit the button to hang up, "A friend of mine is visiting Buenos Aires and I was wondering if you'd mind kind of showing him around when you have a chance." "Sure, but I have practice and workouts the next few days. Will he be still be in town after that?" I asked. "Yeah...he'll be there for a while." Masashi said, but there was something about his tone that sounded off to me. "If it's ok, I can have him meet you at the gym. He's a big volleyball fan, so it would really make him happy if he could watch you guys practice." He added.

I caught Hitori's eyes looking at me in the rearview mirror, like he was waiting on my response as well. "Uh, ok, yeah, that's fine, I'll-" I started to reply but he cut me off. "Great, I'll have him meet you there for your next practice. Tooru-san, please call me if you need anything." The last bit sounded more like a command than a friendly farewell. It definitely felt like there was more weight to what he said than just the meaning of the words themselves. Even Iwa kind of side-eyed me after he said it. "Of course. Thanks again for everything, Masashi-san." I said and Hitori hit the button, ending the call.