EPISODE 2 - Scene 1 - Burning Fire

Depuis le début

Jo:

Doctor! Doctor!

Doctor:

Jo, Jo, it's alright. We're out of it now. We're safe.

Jo:

Are we?

Doctor:

Yes. Fortunately, Bessie is fire resistant as long as you don't spend too long in them. How are you feeling?

Jo:

A bit short of breath.

Doctor:

When we get back to UNIT, you get yourself something to drink. And then we've got to get after that spaceship.

Jo:

The one the Master is on.

Doctor:

That's right. Come on, Bessie.

The Doctor then activates the SuperDrive again, and the car accelerates off quickly, again. On the Morok ship, Moid watches over the control panel as Bal and Ten pilots the ship. The Master wears his usual black outfit, also to distinguish himself as "Chief Governor". He stands at the back.

Master:

What is our estimated time of arrival to Xeros?

Ten:

At maximum cruising speed, Chief Governor, we shall be arriving within the next three hours.

Master:

Good. Excellent! And no meddlesome Doctor to ruin my plans.

He leaves back into his room. We see that there is a window on the other side so the Master can look out. In the centre, a grey desk is situated with two black spinning chairs on either side. The Master sits on the right-hand side and spins around to look out at the void before him. His TARDIS is parked on the same side he sits. After sitting comfortably down, he begins laughing away at his devilish plans. Moid then leaves Ten and Bal to their work.

Moid:

I will be in my quatres. I will return when we approach the home planet.

He goes. Once alone, Bal and Ten begin another conversation.

Ten:

This is not right, Bal. It is not our tradition.

Bal:

This new Governor provides us with a sense of duty, a purpose, a means to use our great powers once and for all to expand and develop. We can collect more items and build our empire again.

Ten:

Our Empire has finished now. We have always been to preserve what we have already collected.

Bal:

True, but we have been highly successful since this new Governor was elected. The whole of Sirius 3 has fallen into our power. With him, we shall begin our new and improved Empire.

Ten:

Well I do not like it.

Bal:

You're lucky that the Governor or his associate aren't here for them to hear you say such things. You'd better keep your voice down.

Ten:

Just let us process our thinking, Bal. We have defied our old traditions in the means of this new Governor. He seems determined on persuading us that this is for our good cause.

Bal:

But it is. Our Empire collapsed due to human intervention. Now we will take our vengeance here.

Ten:

And rewrite our own history. Why?

Bal:

Because... because... I feel... I feel he has... well, won us over.

Ten:

That man has infiltrated our minds. And allowed us to do as he wills.

Bal:

Come to think of it, I don't know why we are doing this.

Ten:

And what happened to his predecessor as Governor? Where is he? I have not heard of his whereabouts now. He is not displayed our museum as a relic, so where is he?

Bal:

Well...

Ten:

And what did he suggest about this Doctor who will stop his plans?

Bal:

Yes. I see your point.

Ten:

Any suspicion of treason is liable to death. That we have already discussed. Then we must act discreetly.

Bal:

Discreetly?

Ten:

Correct. We will inspect and investigate ourselves when we return to the home planet.

The Master suddenly appears behind them, surprising them.

Master:

Investigate yourselves on the home planet?

Ten:

Oh, Chief Governor. I did not hear you arrive.

Master:

That is not important. Why have we not jumped through the time vortex back to the 31st century time zone?

Ten:

We were just about to commence the operation, Governor.

Master:

I see. But I hope I do not suspect you of any treachery, Ten. Because there is nothing to worry about. There is nothing to worry about.

The Master begins to hypnotise him. Ten is falling for it.

Ten:

Yes. Yes, sir. Nothing to worry about.

Master:

It is for the greater good of the Morok Empire. It is for the greater good of the Morok Empire.

Ten:

For the greater good of the Morok Empire.

He had fallen into his possession.

Master:

That's better. Now, return us to the 31st century.

The Master returns back to his quatres. Ten wasn't really fooled.

Ten:

See what he did there?

Bal:

I see. He... he's been manipulating us.

Ten:

Indeed. You understand now? We must find evidence that he is an imposter, and expose him as such...