Scene 5 - Cornered

The bright Apure lighting shines as two more UNIT troops are killed. The forces are pushed back to where the teleport area is – where the Dalek was first reactivated. The soldiers fire and shoot bullets, but there is no escape. They run into the empty space and find that they are trapped.

Captain Yates:

Sir, we're trapped.

Brigadier:

Seems as though we are, Captain. They've wiped out these Moroks, but at least we will go down fighting.

The Dalek passes through the corridor, with various devices and equipment in their containment. Once it has gone, the TARDIS materializes inside the museum. The Doctor, Jo, and the Master exit.

Doctor:

That Dalek is only just around the corner.

Master:

There is one thing.

He heads over to the glass container in front of him.

Corporal Bell:

It's coming, sir. It's just around here.

Brigadier:

Right. As soon as it appears, give it everything we can.

They wait nervously with their ammunition ready. Sweat intensifies. We see the frightened yet brave faces of the Brigadier, the Captain, Sergeant, and Corporal. The Dalek emerges. Its plunger is slowly revealed, then it's gun...

Dalek:

EXTERMINATE!

The Brigadier is about to open the command to fire and pull his gun's trigger. A voice calls out from the corner.

Doctor:

Hello there! Do excuse the interruption.

In the corridor, the Dalek turns about and sees the Doctor escaping through into another corridor. The Dalek follows. The Brigadier carefully creeps around and sees the Dalek turning back. The Doctor arrives back to the Master and Jo. The Master holds in his hand a long, thick silver pipe with a red laser at the end and a button in the centre.

Right, ready?

Master:

Ready.

The Dalek eventually arrives around the corner, and the Master activates the switch. There is a burning bright red beam shining on the Dalek, with a horrid screeching noise. The Dalek then becomes unstable and wildly out of control.

Dalek:

AAARRGGHH! LOSS OF CONTROL! LOSS OF CONTROL! SYSTEMS DEACTIVATING! SYSTEM DEACTIVATIINN---

The Dalek then rammed itself backwards towards the wall, now motionless, and its eyestalk pointing down.

Jo:

What was that?

Master:

A portable transformer device designed to give the host a massive convulsion of the brain, organic or robotic.

Jo:

So basically like a small ECT machine. Just with modified tiny, tiny components.

Doctor:

The effect of it works like a device that I used to stun and deactivate a Dalek back on Spiridon.

The Brigadier and his party arrive. The Doctor snatches the device from the Master.

I'll be taking that if you don't mind.

Brigadier:

Well done, Doctor.

Doctor:

Well done, Lethbridge Stewart. You alright?

Brigadier:

Fine. Except that I've lost already several men to one Dalek. I trust that you didn't get any help from that Mecha robot or whatever it was.

Doctor:

No. But just as well we came when we did, and that the old girl landed where we needed you.

Brigadier:

How come?

Doctor:

Look, the TARDIS is able to land on herself. And it's just so that she landed here, in its simplest terms.

Sergeant Benton points his gun at the Master, who raises his arms up.

Sergeant Benton:

Don't try anything.

Brigadier:

Well, what are we going to do about the mess here?

Doctor:

If I take you back in the TARDIS to Earth, Ms Grant and I will come back and help clear things up.

Master:

In spite of the hurt you have caused here, Doctor? The Morok race finished, at last?

Doctor:

Take him inside the TARDIS, Sergeant.

Sergeant Benton:

Right.

The Master is led into the TARDIS by Sergeant Benton.

Captain Yates:

Are you saying that we are all going home inside the TARDIS, Doctor? It's far too small to fit us all in.

Doctor:

See for yourself, Mike.

The Doctor opens the doors. Captain Yates enters.

Captain Yates:

Good heavens! It's bigger on the inside!

Doctor:

I think you can lead the rest of your men in, Brigadier.

Brigadier:

Very well, Doctor. Everyone, inside!

We cut to see the Dalek as everyone crams into the dimensionally transcendental TARDIS. Now, we see everyone inside. Mike Yates and the UNIT troops are bewildered by the TARDIS' larger interior. Sergeant Benton watches the Master closely with his gun at him. The Doctor begins operating the TARDIS console.

Doctor:

Right then, let's head home.

He sets the dematerialization control lever, and we see from the outside the TARDIS the ship dematerializing. We then zoom onto the Dalek. Its eyestalk slowly rises up, as do its plunger and the gun.

Dalek:

BRAIN PATTERNS RESTORED! THE HUMANS WILL NOT ESCAPE! NO ONE DEFIES THE DALEKS!

It then begins moving down the corridor. We will cut to see the Teleport beside to where the Dalek was. It then moves up onto it and then places its plunger on the programming unit.

I WILL TRACE THEIR FOOTSTEPS THROUGH THE TIME VORTEX! THEY WILL ALL BE EXTERMINATED!

The Dalek then fades away into the visual effect of the time vortex...