Shut up you're just drunk

Start from the beginning

"Still. You should be careful around him, he's bad news."

My ears perked up. Bad news? I didn't want to think of the horrendous things he might have engaged in. I was curious but, I would rather hear it from him than someone who seemed to hold a distaste for him.

"We've been friends for a while. I'll be fine." I glanced down at the ice-filled cup, exhaling quietly.

"Make sure you are, I wouldn't want someone as cute as you to get hurt." Bri placed her hand on mine, the coldness of rings startling me slightly. To get hurt?

"How do you know him?" I asked, handing the attention to her.

"He's a regular at this nightclub, and it's a small town Luka, everyone knows each other." She smiled. "Speaking of that. I don't think I've seen you around here, are you new?"

"Sort of? Me and Dante go way back but I recently moved here, so yeah."

"Oh? Really? Where'd you live before moving?"

"Munich."

"That's so far! Well, you know I could show you around sometime."

"Sounds good, I've been meaning to explore the town," I answered before taking another sip.

She nodded happily. "Why don't you tell me about yourself?"

Damn it. I was hoping that she wouldn't ask that. I would much rather talk about Mammon than about myself. What was I even supposed to say?

"There's not much to know about me." I laughed it off but she pouted at my response. "Why don't you start?"

Bri's eyes sparked with delight as she lowered herself on the counter, her chunky chain earrings hitting off of her neck. "Hm, okay! Well I'm twenty-five, turning twenty-six in March. My favourite colour is definitely blue and I usually spend my free time in the ring."

"In the ring? You mean you're a boxer?"

"Yeah, a pretty good one too!" She exclaimed proudly. "You should come with me one day, I could teach you a lot about...boxing."

Her lips contorted into a sly smile, made visible by a purple hue illumining her face. I casted a curious glance to the rowdy crowd behind us, completely ignoring what she had just said. Honestly, I wasn't interested in boxing—or her.  She was beautiful, but definitely not my type; my type was probably someone like Kallista—sweet, caring and cute.

"They sure are lively tonight."

"They always are. It's not even that bad right now, just wait until the others come."

Her words for some reason reminded me of Mammon; I had to check up on him, the Lord knew what he could have been getting himself into. I rose up from the stool, cupping her hand that was still on mine, "That reminds me, I need to go check up on Ma-" I could feel my heart drop to my feet as his name nearly came out of my mouth. "Dante, to make sure he's not doing anything stupid."

"But he's a grown man Luka-"

"Yeah but not when he's drunk." I gave her a tight-lipped smile as I ambled towards the mass of drunkards. God, how was I going to get past? I shoved myself through the crowd, putting my hands in front of me so I could get through easier.

The music changed abruptly, altering most of their movements. People were pressing against my body, some even dancing on me. Oh god. This was obscene; absolutely diabolical. A night club was the last place I would ever want to go. Various prayers began bouncing around in my mind as I felt my shirt lifting up due to the amount of moving. I really hoped that the Lord would forgive me for this. I pinched the bridge of my nose. The pervasive smell of alcohol and sweat was even stronger now, making me regret leaving the bar even more. Did I really have to check up on him? I sidestepped away from them before continuing to weave myself through.