Bonus Chapter | The True First

*the following scene takes place between chapter eighty - chapter eighty one*

Amy

We were two lovers, doing the awkward dance of push and pull for so long, and there we were under the sheets, all naked and warm with desires, and all we could do was only kiss.

Jake kissed me as if he was starved for years, and now that he had the taste of love, he was devouring it in a wild, untamed want.

"Fuck, I can't stop kissing you." He murmured over my mouth, kissing a path down my jaw and back to my lips again. He held my face in his hands and rested his forehead against mine.

I felt his body tremble over me, trying not to put all his weight on my body, resting his weight on his elbows while his mouth dropped to my neck, sucking, biting, and kissing the soft flesh. He liked leaving beautiful artwork just like I loved caressing the carved muscles on his back.

My nails dug into his skin as he pressed his chest against mine, but I panicked. He was injured. If he went with the vigor with which he was making love to my mouth- it would surely hurt him.

"Jake...wait," I managed to say two words, and his head pulled away from my neck, and his slightly hooded eyes met mine with alertness and confusion.

"What is it, Amy?" He hoarsely asked, pushing back the hair covering his forehead. "Am I being too rough? I told you we should wait. Shit! Do you want to stop?"

Was he for real?

I blinked at his rambling self, then looked skyward in both prayer for giving me such a sweet lover and wishing that he showed me his wild side too. I needed all of him in every way possible. One of his muscular thighs was high between my legs, and I loved the feel of it against my soft, aching core. I pulled his mouth back to mine and gave him a long, hard kiss.

"I think you need to slow down a little bit. Not because I don't want you to go rough on me but because you need to be careful with your wounds." The words came out of me in soft pants and whispers because the way his strong thigh stayed firm between my legs made me a total disgraceful girl, and I found myself rubbing wantonly against it. And I didn't regret one bit.

"I can't, even if I tried," he murmured into my ear, followed by a breathy groan, and then his hand traveled from my cheek to my jaw and finally wrapped around my throat in a slightly playful way. "Stop caring about my needs." His mouth slid along my neck, down my chest, and placed a feather-like kiss over my heart. "Let me give you what you want, what both of us want."

And then his warmth enveloped me again, his body over mine, and it felt like home, where he and I meant to be together, and none of us had to fear what horrors lurked outside. I wrapped my hands around his neck and pulled him for a kiss, overwhelmed with the want he was talking about. But it didn't last for eternity like the previous ones as he pulled away. I tangled my fingers in the soft curls of his hair as he kissed my throat, the hollow of my neck, and gave scraps of his teeth on my collarbones.