Epilogue

•Thank you krissthetic for yet another amazing cover. I loved it!!•

Five Year Later

Jacob

She did it.

She created a good man out of me. As I flipped through the manuscript, I realized she had found me even before I did. While I poured my wild passion into my paintings, she did the same with her words. Right at that moment, I felt the intensity of our love. The love she had for me was of patient type, the peaceful one. That's how she loved me, instinctively.

Yes, she had finally revealed her secret. And even though I was getting cold feet thinking what crazy things she was hiding, when she finally handed it to me in a cardboard box, wrapped in red satin ribbon, I took almost two days to open it.

And there I was, sitting in my art gallery twelve hours away from getting married to the most beautiful woman and all I could think of was the beautiful words she had weaved out of me. She made me a hero in her story while I was barely a character in mine. She turned each of our moments, whether good or bad, into a beautiful memory. And nothing else would ever provide me the same profound feeling as her words. She marked our story as "Chaos" because that's what we're together or separated.

She didn't miss any second of our lives together, nor the one's away. While I thought I was the only one feeling empty away from her, she felt the same. What a selfish man I had turned in love. Isn't that exactly what love does to you? It drives you insane to the point that you want to quit every other thing in your life and sink back into its comfort. She never let that happen to me. Each time I attempted to leave everything and come right back to her, she stayed strong for me and put me right on track. I was so angry at her all those times. What a foolish person I was to make things worse for her because clearly, she suffered as much as I did.

A few chapters towards the end were with the polaroids of us pinned to them. They were the ones we clicked under the Eiffel Tower a month back. She doodled a ring with silver glitter, the same infinity band I gave her. It was when she came to Paris for the opening of our new art gallery in Le Marais. I thumbed the smile on her face in the polaroids. She was so oblivious that entire day about what I had in mind. We spent the day roaming around the Latin Quarters dressed in Bohemian style. The French Art and Culture were rich around us. She looked mesmerizingly artsy in that floral blue dress. All I could think of was to take her back to my apartment and get consumed by her smell.

"You look breathtaking, Mi Amore," I whispered in her ear, lacing our fingers together.

She stepped on her tiptoes, tugged the collar of my olive button-up, and kissed my fresh stubbles, which she had grown to love. "You look charming yourself, Jeune Peintre."

We roamed around the local market, the narrow alleyways, and rows of building with storefronts. After we filled our bellies in one of those cafe terraces at Boulevard Saint-Germain, we took strolls along the tree-lined avenues and kissed under the Eiffel Tower. The way she looked at me after we kissed what felt like an eternity, I knew she had sensed the excitement in me. Although that wasn't the place, neither were the other places we visited later that day. By the time we were back in my apartment, I could feel her disappointment. Her annoyance only made my surprise even more special.

A few hours later, we were finally at Ma Lumière, our art gallery. It was one of those nights when people put in their fancy set of clothes and drove down the sophisticated lanes of Paris in search of art, music, and culture. While everyone's eyes were searching me among the crowd, my eyes were on the girl on the other end of the Auditorium, running her delicate fingers on one of my paintings. Beside her, I could see Molly whispering something, which turned my girl's cheeks pink. I hoped to preserve that smile on her face and that rosy shade on her cheeks.