✿chapter thirteen - the same as before

Start from the beginning

You tried to contain your laugh due to Mr. Zachary being one of the teachers that scared you the most, along with Mr. Shadis. "If it tastes bad, why are you still eating it?"

"Well," she explained, "I need some sugar if I want to pay attention to this class. This is sooo boring".

The old teacher wrote something on the board. New project.

"Not this again...", Historia complained.

"Good morning class" Mr. Zachary got noticed. "As you can see, we are going to start a new project. You have to do a research work, in groups of three, on some important conflict that has happened between two nations, invented by you, but changing a bit what really happened. What would have happened if those two nations had had a military, nuclear, or even biological power that would have been capable of destroying the world? Could such a catastrophe have been avoided, had one of the nations been wiped out, or both?"

"That is so cool!" Sasha exclaimed. "What do you think about the Second World War? We can say that both of these two nations had, um... really big creatures that could destroy the world! We can add some topics to our investigation, such as racism, isolation or concentration camps".

"Woah, you are indeed a creative person..." Historia commented. "I think it's a good idea!"

"Same" you added, already excited for this interesting project.

"What about the nations?" the blonde girl asked. "They have to be completely new".

"Pfft, that would be easy", Sasha assured, "we choose the name of our school and other one. For example, Paradise against Marley nation. Easy!"

"So a war carried out by Paradise and Marley, both of them having these enormous creatures that can completely destroy the world... Seems fine to me", you concluded, laughing. "If I lived in that universe, I think I would have died even before the war started".

"I think I would go to Marley to fight as soon as this war started and I would die in the most ridiculous way in the world", Sasha imagined.

Historia's blue eyes shone. "Well, as my father is Paradise High School's principal... In that universe I would be the queen!"

The entire lesson was based on the three of you imagining what role each person in the class would have in this universe you created. Mikasa being the strongest soldier, Reiner being one of the bravest warriors, Connie being one of the few who would survive, not really knowing why ... Everyone had their role in this story. This is so funny.

"Agh, I love this!", Sasha commented. "Hey, do you want to go today to the mall? It's been a long time since we don't go shopping!" The girl turned her head back, facing Mikasa, who was discussing with Eren and Armin about their project. "Mika! Do you want to go with us to the mall today?"

The black-haired girl smiled, excited. "Of course! That will make me relax after spending a fucking hour with these two" She moved her hand, pointing at Eren. "This guy can't stop talking about a conflict that ends with freedom".

You watched Eren, who was talking to Armin in a very entertaining way. "If the nations do not fight, they will not win ...", "If they destroy their enemies, they will be the freest people in the world!" Those were two of the many things he was talking about to his friend.

"Ok, so after everyone finishes school, we'll go directly to the mall. Mikasa is the one who ends later, at 5pm, so we'll wait for her. Ymir can't go today, but what about Annie?", Historia asked.

"We're going together to the cinema" Armin answered with a smile on his face.

"Ah man", Eren complained, "I thought you were going to my house today. Well, I guess it will only be Reiner, Connie and me".