2 - We Escape

________________

If you looked up 'I don't want to be here' in a dictionary, San would probably show up. He was extremely whiney and resentful, and like Yeosang also fuelled by sarcasm. One minute with that man will cause you to question everything that had led up to that moment, and leave you frustrated but by then he's already left.

However his charm was unsurprisingly his looks. The man was drop dead gorgeous and he knew, hence his narcissism. During his uni days he'd party every other weekend, sustaining the strong alcohol tolerance but also always leaving the party with a new girl to use for 7 minutes of heaven, then discard all memory of her like his used condom.

There was probably some explanation for these habits, but thats for another day.

Seonghwa was used to his antics and it's about time we familiarise ourself with Seonghwa.

Seonghwa was San's university roommate. Both of them had took the same course and therefore had all the same lectures and whatnot. Seonghwa and San were an instant success, no one quite understood one like the other and they always did fun things together. Hwa was gay, and while San was not he always supported his friends sexuality, but not all the times he asked him if they could date.

It was now at this point 2 weeks after the settlement of these two in this office job. After the team meeting, Seonghwa and San had a few minutes of free time in the spare office. Pouring a cup of coffee the two had a chat

"Do you like this job?" San questioned. He had a few strong feelings but he wanted to hear Seonghwa's opinion on it.

"Yea i like it, Eunbi is such a good mentor. She makes the job so fun!" Seonghwa was so enthusiastic his coffee spilt slightly onto his pants. He grabbed a tissue and wiped it dry. "What about you"

"Wait, Eunbi the really cute one?" San was re-invested in the conversation, his eyes widened and all of a sudden it was like life was injected back into him "Lucky i hate that stupid Kang, he's so annoying. He's like a worse version of me. So sarcastic and so full of himself. Once i can i am leaving his office i'm done with him" San said with a burning passion.

"Wait wait, hold on. C-can you introduce me to him" Seonghwa shied up an started to blush "He's kind of cute"

San shot him a death stare and rolled his eyes. Seonghwa had said some stupid things but this is was like a whole new level. "Seonghwa, you're my best friend, but are you stupid?! That guy can't think straight and neither are you" The hatred for Yeosang became apparent but Seonghwa however remained persistent. He was now unfazed by San's comments. He kept asking and every time San denied, but then he had an idea

Actually, why don't i do it for Seonghwa. Plus it comes with the added benefit of waiting Yeosang suffer which is always a cherry on top.

"You know what Seonghwa, sure ill ask him" He said, filling his mind with some sadistic thoughts

________________

Seonghwa, along with the rest of the staff on that floor of the building had left the office, leaving only San and Yeosang. Yeosang's shift always ends at 10:30 so San's did too. It was around 25 minutes before them too would end for the night, so the two, completely exhausted just sat around in the older's office doing nothing. Yeosang was on his phone and San was doing a sporcle quiz on his computer.

"Hey Kang, d'you wanna go on a date?" Yeosang was shook by what San said and was left Speechless. I mean, he was hot, but he couldn't even last an hour in the same room without Yeosang wanting to rip his, what was he even meant to say.

"With you?"

"Nah with Seonghwa" In a tone where Yeosang was struggling to tell if he was being sarcastic or not.

"So, with you" Yeosang assumed he was just going to use him, so agreed to a date with San to mess with him, cuz he well knew San was not gay.

"No you dumbass. I just said with Seonghwa" San's short temper grew even shorter and his keyboard clicks were becoming more aggressive.

"Sure, he seems like a nice guy" Yeosang agreed willingly. Yeosang was bisexual but wasn't particularly looking for love, love was looking for him. And since love had found him, he decided why not.

San was caught off guard by his very straightforward answer. Partially in defense of his best friend, being cautious that he might be using him for a bit of fun, like he does to every girl he meets and fucks. But another feeling consumed his thoughts. One that he couldn't explain but it left him extremely envious. Maybe he was just tired

After a few minutes of more silence, except for the clicks of San's keyboard, Yeosang got up. He said he was going to raid the kitchen, and San having a love of all things eating related, decided to tag along.

The walk over was quiet. The hallways had a very eerie sense to them and San felt a bit creeped out by an empty office. But he had Yeosang, if he could even count that as a form of safety. Half the time he wanted to be as far away from the man as possible.

Yeosang walked in front, San behind. He remembered there was a cheesecake in the fridge that Yunho gifted to him, and so became excited. He quickened his pace, walking fast soon became running to get his precious dessert

That's Adorable. Wait, San what are you thinking.

Making a mental note to punish himself later on, he trudged forward. Turning the corner he found...

"PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME"

"I-I NEED YOU. P-Please don't go".                     

      "STOP I LOVE YOU!"

San's mind started to fill with flashbacks, terrible, horrific moments plaguing him that he had hoped he would forget. His mental state started to deteriorate, and for a brief few seconds. His body felt completely and utterly numb, and Yeosang's words seemed to deflect off his body as San just stood there, unable to move a muscle.

It was as though the couldn't flee, the thoughts he hoped to rid of have returned to haunt him and he was trapped with the words echoing in his head..

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Jung"

He had to run, just get out of there, just somewhere, anywhere. He was brought to wherever his legs would take him. San needed to escape, and fast.

________________