"Wh- what is she doing here?" He directs the question at Quackity. I won't lie and say it doesn't still sting a little. 

"Rosemary escaped from Dream, I'm letting her stay here until everything dies down enough for her to get out."

"She escaped?" Tubbo repeats. "You realise she was put into Dream's custody, still under sentence from Schlatt? She's an escaped convict!"

"They'll never think to look for her in the Vice Presidents house." Quackity replies smoothly, while I stare blankly at the patch of the wall right behind Tubbo's head. 

"You should hand her in, if Schlatt finds out-"

My eyes snap over to his. "If you hand me over to Schlatt I will fucking kill you." I hiss.

"Rosa-"

"You think I'm being dramatic?" I snarl, twisting my head to look at Quackity. "I will murder both of you without blinking, I swear to fucking god, Quackity."

Tubbo goes white, and Quackity shifts uncomfortably. "N-No one's going to hand you over to Schlatt."

"Good." I tilt my head. "Tubbo?"

"I-I-"

"Aw thank you Tubbo, I'm so glad you're willing to not betray me, it means a lot." I say, far too sweetly.

"Quackity?" Tubbo looks back over uncertainly to the man in question. Quackity just nods slightly. 

"She's your family Tubbo, we have to protect her."

My eyes narrow. "We used to be family. He gave that up when he got Jack killed."

"They were breaking the rules, I had to tell Schlatt." Tubbo says quietly, more to himself than to either of us, tears welling up in his downturned eyes. "I had to tell him, I had to tell him, he would be angry, I had to tell him."

I look over at Quackity. "What the fuck has he done to him?" 

Quackity looks defeated, and I notice the faint lines that slice out from under his hairline, light pink against tan skin and coal black hair, the rings of purple still hanging under his eyes. He looks down at his feet, and then fixes his gaze blankly on the table. "Same thing he did to me."

"Jesus fucking Christ." I mutter, glancing between the two of them. "How lon- When did he start doing this?"

"When we couldn't find Tommy and Wilbur he got angry." Quackity answers. Tubbo hasn't moved. 

"So he, what? Hit you? Are you serious?"

"He has to take his anger out on someone."

"Why the fuck is it Tubbo?" I hiss, stepping into his personal space, levelling my face with his. "And not you?"

"I try." Quackity says, desperately. "I can't get there in time, and sometimes he finds Tubbo, but I try, I get the most of it."

"You watch him murder Jack, you watch him beat the shit out of a child and you, you watch him destroy Niki's life, you watch him exile Tommy and Wilbur from the only home they've ever truly had, you watch him bring back someone truly evil, and so fucking vile just to rub my face in it, and you still support him." I snarl, disgusted. "What the fuck is it going to take for you to stop?"

"You don't get it, it's not that simple-"

"Not that simple? Not that simple?" I repeat, in a mix of hysterical disbelief and outrage. "What is Schlatt going to have to do to get you to leave?"

"We can't just leave."

"George did."

"Yeah, and now no one else can. Schlatt is paranoid, and after George he tightened everything, surveillance, patrols, punishments. It doesn't matter that I'm the Vice President, he will hurt me, and Tubbo, and everyone that's left."