I rested my head on top of the couch, my mind drifting back to when Mammon took the remote. It sounded like he was really annoyed about it. I mean, he had a valid reason to. I would be irritated as well if something as gruesome as that kept happening in my town. Even then, I was a bit displeased that Mammon didn't let me finish it. If I was going to live here, I needed to know things about it.

         I sat on the couch in silence, twiddling my thumbs as I waited for Mammon to finish. He was a bit more...endurable these days. We shared not many moments, but the few we did were good ones. It seemed like the raven-haired had sort of warmed up to me. I was happy about it. This meant that all I needed to worry about now, was guiding him slowly to becoming a better person—or demon.

        Quiet footsteps started coming closer. Speak of the devil. I leapt up and turned to face the raven-haired, smiling widely. He was wearing a black puffer jacket and a grey-flecked beanie, locks of wet black hair peeking out from under.

       "Where's your jacket?"

       "I don't need one, it shouldn't be that cold," I answered dismissively as I pulled on my runners.

      "Whatever you say, Luka." Mammon ushered me out of the apartment whilst he stayed back to lock the door.

     "So, where are we going?" I stood on the wooden steps, waiting for him to come down.

      He threw the keys into his pocket, "To a shop."

      "Just a shop? Come on, don't be so boring. Let's go to other places too," I pleaded as I put my hand on the railing.

      "Okay, but where?"

      I shrugged my shoulders, bounding down the stairs as Mammon looked at his phone. I didn't have a particular place in mind, since I didn't know the area well, but I would be satisfied with nearly anything. "Anywhere you want, but it better not be weird."

      "And your definition of weird is?"

      I shrugged my shoulders again. I was tempted to give him the actual definition of weird, but I didn't think he would like that. "Anything you think I'll find weird."

      Mammon's eyes crinkled slightly as he started at me, placing his phone back into his pocket. "So no circus?"

     "Well, a circus doesn't seem that bad."

    "Okay, what about an orphanage?"

    "A bit random but not that- bad?"

    "A haunted house?"

    "Yeah no."

     He scrunched up his face at me. "So you say yes to an orphanage, but no to a haunted house. Are you lookin' to adopt or some shit?"

     "No? I'd rather be around children than tiresome demons."

      His eyes widened, "You actually like kids?"

     "Yeah," I chirped. "They're all so cute."

     "Cute?" The raven-haired scoffed. "They're fucking annoying, and they cry all the damn time."

      I looked back at him as I got off of the stairs, "So you'd never have children of your own?"

      "Fuck no, too much responsibility. You?"

      I grinned. I would love to have a child with the woman I loved—though, I would have to get married first.

      "Maybe some day," I answered before we exited the building together, just to be met by a gelid gust of wind—which didn't affect Mammon as much, due to his thick coat. Damn it, I should have listened to him. I stretched out the sleeves of my blue sweater, just enough to cover my hands before wrapping my arms around myself discreetly. God forbid it started raining.