Chapter 26

•Aja

I took a deep breath as I walked through the entrance of the airport. My two giant suitcases were full of pretty much everything that I had. I walked over to the check-in counter.

"Can I help you?" The lady said

"One one-way ticket to LAX please."

"Aja, wait."

I turned around to see Sammy.

"I'm coming with you." He said

"Wh-"

"No questions. I'm coming with you."

"Sammy, I don't think this is a good idea."

"Aja, I'm coming with you." He looked at me

"Okay, get your ticket."

I walked over to the security after checking my bags with Sammy behind me.

When I got to my gate, I got out my laptop and started to catch up on Pretty Little Liars on Netflix. After a few minutes, I felt somebody tap my shoulder. It was Sammy.

"We're boarding." He said

I packed away my laptop and got behind him in line.

"Hi, how are you today?" The ticket scanner lady said

"Good, thank you." I said as she handed me my ticket.

I walked to the first class section of the plane, thanks dad.

"Look who I'm sitting next to." I looked up

"What are the odds?" I laughed

"So where are we gonna live?"

"We? Who ever said anything about a 'we'?"

"Well I just did, didn't I?" He smiled

"Okay, whatever. But I was looking at some apartments that are right outside of the town. I have some pictures." I pulled up the pictures and handed my phone to Sammy.

"And how will we pay for all of this?"

"My dad gave me twenty grand to get settled in. He told me to call him if I needed anything."

"God Aja, are you rich?"

"That's what everyone says."

"Ladies and gentlemen the cabin doors are now closed. Please return to your seat and direct your attention to your TV screens for a Delta safety video." The flight attendant said into the intercom system

I looked over to Sammy's screen and leaned on his shoulder. My eyes started feeling heavy and I drifted off to sleep.

•Sammy

I looked down at Aja. She was fast asleep, with her head on my chest. I turned on the TV and looked at the flight info. We had about a three hour flight.

I turned to TV to Shark Tank and started watching from episode one. I watched that for the rest of the flight while Aja slept.

When the plane finally landed, I woke up Aja.

"Where are we staying?" I asked

"Marriott." She said

"And how will we get there?"

"My dad ordered a car for us. It should be here."

"What type?" I asked

"A small, white BMW convertible." She pointed it out

I put our bags into the truck and entered in the hotels address in the GPS.

"We'll be there in five minuets." I told Aja

When we got to the hotel, we checked in and walked to our room. We had the top floor, and a view of the beach, or that's what the front desk lady said.

Our room consisted of a kitchen, a small living room, an eating area, and one bedroom.

I set our bags down and plopped on the bed. Aja crawled in next to me, and snuggled in close. She soon fell asleep.

I took my laptop and started looking at apartments. I found a two that seemed perfect, and they were also cheap. One has two bedrooms, a kitchen, an extra room, a living room, and a bathroom in each bedroom. The other one, that I like the best, has one bedroom, a spare room, a kitchen, a living area, a huge walk in closet, and it was on the top floor. It had an upstairs that lead to an outdoor patio. It was perfect.

I started to get tired, so I shut my laptop, and fell asleep next to the one I love.