68. Are We Ready To Try This Again?

Start from the beginning

Ben looked over from where he was cooking breakfast, "Hope you're hungry? We're making breakfast, Maddie," he told her.

Maddie nodded slightly, "I could eat I suppose, thanks uncle Ben," she said grateful.

Ben smiled and went back to flipping the bacon, "Alright kid, it shouldn't be too much longer. Joey's out in the lounge, if you want to go and say hi?" he offered.

Maddie nodded and headed through to the lounge where she found the teenage boy.

"Hey Joey," Maddie peered into the room where Joey was on the couch.

Joey glanced up briefly from his phone and smiled, "Oh hey, Maddie. I didn't know that you were still here," he said.

"Yeah, I sort of fell asleep last night," Maddie said as she moved further into the lounge, looking over at the Football table and frowning slightly. "Yesterday was kind of tough," she mumbled to herself.

"Fair enough. Are you okay? You seem a little down," Joey picked up on the teenager's mood.

"Sarah and I have broken up, well I think we have at least," Maddie explained, although she was slightly confused considering they hadn't actually said it, it's not like they had much chance to talk before Sarah's mom had dragged her away

Was they broken up? Honestly, Maddie didn't have a clue at all.

"You think?" Joey questioned confused.

"It's complicated," Maddie muttered aloud.

Joey nodded his head slowly, "Well, I'm sorry to hear that," he said understandingly.

"Thanks Joey," Maddie mumbled sadly.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Joey questioned, putting his phone aside to talk more to the blonde teen.

Maddie exhaled a sigh and sat down on the couch beside him, "It's all her moms' fault. We were happy in our relationship and Sarah's mom just doesn't understand at all, she's really homophobic. Even going as far as to call PD on me if I even contacted her," she explained to him. "I don't know what to do or how to even feel right now," she added.

Joey shook his head in disbelief, "Damn, wow she sounds like a right piece of work," he told her.

"Yeah she really is," Maddie said while she sighed.

"Breakfast is ready. Come and get it while it's hot!" Ben called out from the other room.

"You should probably go and eat," Joey told her.

Maddie nodded in agreement and stood up from the couch, "You not coming to eat?" she asked.

"Nah, I still have to finish my paper. I'll see you later, alright?" Joey questioned.

"Alright. See you later, Joey!" Maddie said as she started to head out.

Joey briefly nodded his head and continued to type on his phone, "See you later, Maddie," he mumbled more focused on his phone.

"So, I am thinking of taking Pru to the Zoo at the weekend. I think she is going to love it," Dean told the team as he chewed his food.

"Oh! That will be so much fun for her," Vic piped in excitedly.

"Yeah, I think that it will be. I can't wait to see her face when she see's the animals," Dean said as he grinned widely while talking about his 2-year-old daughter. "She really has got a thing for monkeys at the moment," he added.

"That's because she has the energy of one of those," Jack stated knowingly. The rest of the team laughed in agreement.

"Well, Miller, I have no doubt that she will excited either way," Maya agreed, side-glancing at her daughter from where  she sat and noted that her daughter had barely even touched her breakfast at all.